Chapter 1

"Scarlett? Love, come on honey it's time to leave."

I groan and roll off my mattress that currently has no sheets.

"I told you I don't want to go to stupid South Dakota! " I spat "I'm fine just where I am."

"Don't you take that tone with me young lady. It wasn't my choice to leave, I love Ohio... Trust me I don't want to go, but it's how this works. We need the money, so I took the job. "

"Yeah yeah, whatever. " I rolled my eyes at my mum and shooed her away so I could take a shower...

I grab my iPhone off of the bed and went in to the bathroom. I turned on ' Hear me ' by Imagine Dragons and start the shower.

It's funny how music changes everything.

Some times I think music is the only thing that gets me...

Actually I know it is...

After one steamy hot shower I dry off with my red towel and put my robe on and stalk to my closet. There isn't much in there anymore because my mum packed it away in boxes...

I pick out some black leggings and my favorite Band t-shirt with my bright red converse. I walk back to the bathroom and pull my blow dryer out of the cabinet. After my maroon hair is dry, yes my natural hair color is maroon, I pull it up into a high pony and dust on a light layer of makeup.

Hey, I can at least look a little presentable right?

I put the rest of my belongings in to my duffel bag and walk to the kitchen.

"Finally! Your done! Mom can we go now!"

"Shut up you little brat!" I sung as I playfully hit my brother on the shoulder.

"Hey! What about meeeee!!!!?" A little voice spoke.

I turn around to find my littlest brother Isaac.

I smirk " Yes your just a little brat too aren't you..." I pick him up and hold him on my left side.

Gabriel is 11 and he's one of my brothers. He has light brown hair with the brightest blue eyes you have ever seen. And he annoys the living hell out of me.

Isaac is 6 and he has the same hair as Gabe. Light brown hair but he has bright green blue eyes. Isaac is my little angel.

As you couldn't tell my name is Scarlett and I'm 16... I have maroon hair and bright green eyes...

My mum's name is Elizabeth and she has dark brown hair and bright green eyes. She works as a nurse so we don't get to see her much....

My dad... Well... He doesn't live with us anymore.... He drank too much and cheated on my mum... And now he lives with the skank... He has light brown hair and gray blue eyes... I choose not to talk about him....

We live in Ohio... Erhm... well lived I guess... since my mum is a nurse she got a job offer in South Dakota... And now we are being forced to move...

Even though I don't want to... I'm half glad to get out of here... I didn't really have any friends and I got picked on at school...

"Scarlett? Helloooooo? SCARLETT?" Gabe shouts.

"Geez! What do you want!?" I shouted back.

"Mom wants you to put your bag in the car and get Isaac in his car seat."

"Kay..." I reply...

I pick Isaac up again and throw my duffel around the other shoulder... And stroll around to the car...

After he gets situated I jump in the front and buckle up... Mum gets in the drivers side and Gabe sits behind me...

"And we're off!" my mum says...

"Hip hip hooray..." I say sarcastically

"Scarlett..." my mum says in a warning tone....

I give her a glare and shrug putting in my head phones and leaning in my seat, closing my eyes...

"MOM TELL ISAAC TO SHUT UP!!!" Gabe shouts.

"LALALALA I CAN'T HEAAAAR YOUUUU!!!!!" Isaac screams.

"BOTH OF YOU BE QUIET RIGHT NOW!!" mum screams...

Yep...

This is going to be one.... very... long drive.....