Dear Luka

03 August, 20XX

My name is Hatsune Miku. I am a 15 year old girl going into my first year of high school, and I have two best friends named Len and Rin. I live with my older stepsister, Gumi. I have a dad and a stepmother (who I will refer to as Mom, as I've known her my entire life), and I go to a new school named Crypton High.

I'm fairly sure that I'll be able to make some friends this time. Middle school was a terrible time for me, so I mostly stayed with Len and Rin as much as possible. Sadly, we didn't have a lot of classes together.

I'm... not sure what else I'm supposed to write about. This is the first time I've ever written in a diary. I guess I should start out my entry with "Dear Diary," or something like that. My friend Neru gave me this diary a few years ago for a late Christmas present, and I always felt really bad for never using it.

I'll describe what you look like. You have a soft, plush-like front cover with gold trim, and you have two cerulean gems on the front. There's a place to put a pen on the side of the journal. You also have a bunch of shimmery golden notes that are randomly placed around. I really like how soft you feel...

I think I'll end my entry here. Maybe we can talk later? Well, not talk, but you can listen to me. Maybe I'll come up with a name for you. For now, I'll call you... 03. Because it's the third of the month today. Don't worry, I'll find a better name for you. I'll see you later, 03.

~Miku

oOoOoOoOo

06 August, 20XX

Dear 03,

It's been a few days since I've last written in you. I apologize for that. I feel like I'm going to have a hard time writing in here daily, so I'll put you on my nightstand so I can remember to write in you every night. Today was boring. We went to go buy uniforms for me and Gumi today, since we're both starting out new in this school. Crypton High is a private school, so they require us to wear this navy blazer, white polo shirt, and red plaid skirt. They have a specific place where we have to get our uniforms because all the uniforms are custom made.

Sorry, I bored you there, right? It's just that my life is pretty much uneventful, except for middle school. Middle school was... a dark time for me. I don't know if I can write down everything in you. There was so much drama, so much betrayal, and... I don't know if I can stomach all the things I've said, done, and witnessed.

Maybe I can write down a small thing from middle school in here each day. I'll start now.

Oh, I figured out a name for you. I had been walking back home with Rin and Len from the library a few months ago, and we passed by this playground. We watched a few kids for a minute and commented on how lucky they were. They had no worries at all. Then this girl ran by us and trampled on a bright blue flower. I felt so bad for it. So I decided to name you "Ruka" in honor of it. Well, Luka would be better, actually. It flows a lot better, and it's prettier. Your name is now Luka, Luka.

Okay, I forgot that I was supposed to write about middle school. But it's already 10:37, and I'm supposed to get my hair cut tomorrow. That won't happen, though, because I love my long teal hair. It reaches my thighs, by the way. Maybe I should describe what I look like.

I have long teal hair, and I usually style it in twin tails. I have matching teal eyes, and I'm pretty small (but not as small as Rin). I have long legs and a short waist, though, so I actually look a bit taller than I really am. I weigh... 40 kilograms? It's been a while since I've last weighed myself. I'm 155 centimeters, I think. Oh well, that's pretty much me.