A Typical Love Story

"She has nice boobs", I pointed to the girl walking the corridors. She is walking in slow motion and her hair are swaying from left to right while the wind plays around her. Well of course, that is how we picture her. She is one of those senior girls that wears a high heeled shoes with flowery socks, wears make-up at 16, really tight blouse for a highschool student and wears her skirt a little shorter than the regular students. We find her pretty and attractive.

Lloyd and I are sitting by the hallway waiting for the bell to ring. It is 7:30am and it is a lazy Friday. Every highschool students longs to end the week. Monday mood is far different from Friday. On Monday, everybody lacks sleep from staying up late watching Sunday's best from a local channel or from later dinner with the family. Friday is when everybody's dragging themselves to go to school for the last day of the week but are enthusiastic for the weekend.

"Nica!!!" I turned around to see my bestfriend Jade. We've been friends since first year and we are inseparable.

"What are you doing here?" he turned and asked Lloyd

"We are boobs watching. His crush just passed by. Never said hi hello again"

"Yeah." Lloyd said while picking up his bag.

"Err? Her again? Why don't you make a move already, Lloyd?! Nica here is not a lesbian but she can sure score before you do" I laughed. Lloyd was not amused.

Lloyd likes it be to be that way. He just likes to sit from afar and look at her from a distance. Just stare at her bo -- at her angel face. I always act as the wingman and I never judge.

The bell rang and we all went our separate ways. My first class is Economics with Mr. Shaun. I sit on the first row. I always get the showers of saliva and sometimes I'm tempted to open my little umbrella to stop those from damping me wet. I sit beside Goerge who likes to draw a lot of things and stick it to her arm chair. On my left is my bestfriend Amy who likes to scribble her crush' name on her notebook. Diane, Lloyd's ultimate crush, is sitting right behind me. I began writing things on my notebook while Mr. Shaun talks about the supply and demand of the country. My mind is floating somewhere else.

Friday. I have been waiting for you my whole life. Well, not really my whole life but I long for you. I need to think of a good excuse for my mother. You see, to where I am at right now, 16-year-olds are not allowed to be wandering off the street after 6pm.

"Ma? We have a group study tonight. I will be staying to Amy's house"

No. I have already used that a couple of times.

"Ma? We have a school project and I need to have a laptop. Amy has a laptop, can I sleepover? We need to finish it by tomorrow."

She would probably text Amy's mom. What should be a better excuse?!

After wasting 3 minutes pondering, an imaginary light bulb flickered above my head and I happily clapped. Mr. Shaun also spent 3 minutes calling my name.

"Veronica, is something the matter? Is the supply and demand theory exciting you that much?!" He asked sternly.

"Ahm, sorry sir and went back to drawing big circles and my mind just drifted off again.

Bell rang. It's our recess.

I saw Lloyd and Jade running the hallway. They're with our best buds, Calvin and Morris. Shouting behind them is Derek. He is gay. They all

look like gangsters while they walk towars us. Everybody likes them and they are the popular ones. Lloyd was always the bully and likes to have fun with his classmates. He is always to brawls outside school. He always like to pick a fight to the biggest guy in his class. He likes to tease girls until they are teary eyes.