Chapter 1

"Your kidding me right?" mothers eyes where red with anger.

"You think were just going to give you a spare heart? Eve my dear.. Hearts don't grow from trees." Adam laughed causing the others to laugh as well. Mother held Mika's cold body close to her and growled.

"Lace.. Come here." Mother summoned me. I've always been scared of her. Seeing what she did to my father. I walked up to her and looked into her red bold eyes.

"Yes m-mom?" I still shake from my sister being dead. she looked at Adam and gave him a daring smirk.

"The broken stone... I challenge you." mother held onto my shoulder and looked at me. "She challenges you."Adam looked mad. And I mean mad.

"One month. You have one month. Or your whole family falls." He jumped onto his horse and hissed. Causing the horse to run out of site. I looked at mother.

"Mom.. What's the broken stone?" She gave Mika to one of the elders and sighed.

"The broken stone.. It's when one of us vampires goes out into the cities, and finds love.. Or an easy victim. The more they fall in love with you. The more powerful the stone is. The stone can only grant one wish.. And I'm planing to use that for your sister Mika." She held my hand and walked me to are small cottage.

"Mom.. That seems wrong.." I fiddled with my fingers while she packed for me.

"Well vampires don't give a damn about humans Lace. You were born a vampire and so was I. You can kill the boy at the end, I wouldn't care less." She handed me a bag full of the small amount of clothes I have. "Now go before morning rises.. You could use a bite before you slumber."

"B-but mom.. You know I don't eat people.. I only.."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Go eat cows and sheep like you always do." She rolled her eyes and practically pushed me out the door. "Oh and Lace.. Mommy loves you!" She blew me and kiss and I gave her a fake smile. This woman makes me sick.