Tourist Trapped

"Look! Look! There it is!"

Excited laughter filled the bus as Kano stared out the window, a wide smile on his face. Kido and Seto sat in the seat with him, bags in hand. The bus drove past a water tower with large words that read 'GRAVITY FALLS'. The three had been sent to the small town in Oregon for the summer by their foster parents since they apparently needed some 'fresh aire', so they were told they were going to be staying with their great uncle Kenjirou in his house up in the woods.

Kido sighed a little, a small laugh escaping her as Kano jumped up and down in his seat. "Hey, settle down a little, would ya? We're only staying for the summer." She commented, glancing to him. "Besides, it's not like we're going to Disney land."

"Still!" Kano replied, turning to Kido happily. "We're going to be staying with our great uncle Kenjirou! I'm excited, we barely get to see him!"

"I'm kinda excited too," Seto smiled. "Kano has a point. We never get to see Great Uncle. Uncle? Grunkle! We can call him Grunkle for short."

"Smart thinking, Seto." Kano grinned, giving a thumbs up. Just simply saying 'Great uncle' was too much, so Grunkle would be easier to say.

The bus came to a stop soon after. The doors opened and the three grabbed their bags, walking off the bus to be greeted by Kenjirou, standing in front of a run down looking shack. Kano and Seto were both smiling widely, but Kido seemed off put. She looked up at the shack. "...This is where we're staying...? A run down shack...?" she muttered. The shack wasn't in very good condition, and the sign on top that read 'Mystery Shack' was falling apart, leaving it to look like 'Mystery hack'. And was that a goat...??

Kano and Seto didn't seem too bothered by the fact that the shack looked horrible. Kenjirou laughed, walking over to the three and pulling them all into a hug. "Kids!" he said. "It's so nice to see you three. How have you all been?"

"We've been great, Grunkle!" Kano chimed, hugging him back. "Grunkle? That's new," Kenjirou pulled away. "Anyways, that's good you kids are doing great. Now, why don't I show you kids your room? You need to unpack your things."

Kano nodded happily, then headed in with his bags. "Okay! Come on, guys! Let's go in!" He said, excitement obvious in his voice. Seto followed in right behind him quickly, while Kido simply sighed and went in reluctantly. She wasn't sure if she was going to like staying here or not.

The inside of the shack was probably visually worse than the outside. The wooden floors were splintering, and there seemed to be some bugs scuttling around as well. Some wallpaper was peeling and it looked... Gross. Kano, however, was more optimistic and was looking around in awe, smiling. "Woah..! It's like... Some kind of old cabin!" "Yes, Kano, that's practically what it is." Kido replied, rolling her eyes slightly.

Kenjirou walked in after the three, then began leading them to the staircase. "Come on kids, your room is up here." He said. As he walked up the stairs, they seemed to creak under his weight. "..." Kido looked at the staircase wearily. Was that even safe to walk on? Before she could ask her question, Kano and Seto followed Kenjirou up, seemingly ignoring the fact the stairs didn't seem the most stable. "...Guys, I-" Kido cut herself off. Then, with a sigh, she began walking up the stairs as well. "Nevermind..."

Kenjirou led them to the attic, where the three then went inside. "This is your room." He said. Seto looked around, then walked over to the walls. The room had three beds in it, obviously one for the each of them, and there was random things stacked on shelves, in closets, and even a few paintings on the walls. It looked like a regular, dusty old attic that was adjusted to look just a tiny bit like a bedroom. There was a window, also. It was triangular in shape. Kido glanced around the room, then walked over to one of the beds, sitting on it. The mattress wasn't the most comfortable thing to sit on, but at least it was manageable. She'd at least be able to sleep on this thing.