Story#1: Bounded By Each Other

Abeer's POV:

I pressed the elevator button and waited, I was in my office. My only lifeline was my wife Meher and my child Misha. Meher died and Misha got kidnapped after that, I never got to know where's she. I couldn't fulfill my promise made to Meher. Firstly I couldn't save her and secondly, her only memory that was our daughter also got abducted. I and Meher always used to promise each other that we'll be bounded by each other like this forever and never leave each other's side, not like other couples who forget their promise, we really meant it.

As my gaze went on the elevator door, I saw Meher's reflection on its door, she was resting her head on my shoulder smiling at me. I smiled and looked at my side to see if she's really there but she wasn't there. If anyone would've seen me smiling in loneliness, they would've thought I am a psychopath, but I could really feel her by my side. I moved my gaze to the elevator's door again and it opened. I stepped inside and waited for it to stop till it reaches the fourth floor. I was in deep thoughts as usual.

My gaze shifted to my shadow, it seemed I am not alone but a girl is with me. Do ghosts come? Can some broken promises bring back the dead? I hope yes, because if this happens, I will get my wife back and she will take me with her. We promised we'll live and die together, I would've never mind dying with her. The elevator stopped and I went out and walked towards my cabin. I took out my wallet and opened it, there was her passport size photograph I put in there long ago. I smiled.

"Meher, if I am alive today, that's because of Misha, else I would've come to you long back, I hope wherever you're, you might be happy," I said to her photo and kissed it. Whole day went like this, time to time I talked to her photo and got engrossed in my work again. It was evening and it was time to go home after a long hectic day. I really missed the food she made. As I got home, I saw coffee cup on my bed with a tray. I so missed her at that time.

I sat on my bed and took a sip of it and guess what? The taste was same like Meher's coffee, yes my maids make coffee ready as I get home but before them, Meher used to do that. "Abeer Ji," said a maid. "Yes?," I asked. "Your coffee is ready," she told me. Then who made this coffee which was on my bed? "Wait a second, here's my coffee, you already made it right? Why you made it again?," I asked confusingly. "No sir, I didn't made," she answered and I was taken aback. If she didn't, then who did? Meher came?

"OK fine, keep it," I said, she kept and went. I kept the cup back and leaned to the bed board closing my eyes. "Your wife is dead, here's her body," said the police man and I was shocked. I started crying as they took out her body from the ambulance and laid it on the floor. I moved the clothe from her face with trembling hands and on seeing her face, I cried even more. I held her back of the head taking her in a hug. I never got to know how she fell off the cliff and died.