Race to the Finish!

Juniper sighs softly after setting his freshly made cup of cinnamon tea down on a small café table near the horse racing competition. He couldn't believe his older brother had asked him to go to his best friend race for him on his 24th birthday.

He would usually decline anything from his brother but this was Juniper's chance to finally be able to leave the U.K. and escape his agitative family, although he was sad to leave his cat Mocha for a whole week.

The air was crisp and sweet, thanks to the smell of his warm cinnamon tea. He could finally relax without having anything to break the peaceful silence. This time was different, for he now yearned for any sound, for it had been uncomfortably silent for too long...

The horse race practice wouldn't begin until 3p.m. and it happened to be 2:47p.m., which gave Juniper enough time to finish his tea and let the silence take over before he heard the cheers of the bidders wanting the bid horse to win. He had wanted to enjoy the silence so he didn't speak and he barely moved, hoping not to disturb the birds perched on the rails of the stairway leading to the racetrack.

After having the silence take over, aside from the tweets of the birds, Juniper picked up his cup and took a small sip, being careful not to burn his lip or tongue. After letting the cinnamon settle on his tongue he silently swallowed and closed his eyes, enjoying the sweet taste. The tea was a little too sweet, considering he liked his tea with nothing but the taste of cinnamon and not a blend with sugar.

Placing the cup down gently, Juniper sighed and lean back in his chair.

"This is not my cup of tea..." he whispered, being sure not to disturb the peace.

Juniper slowly stood up and quietly started to walk to his preserved spot his brothers friend had bought for him. As he sat down he had noticed that no one was around, not even the jockeys. He had decided to wait until it started.

-30 minutes later-
After waiting for what seemed like forever, a single jockey had appeared, dressed in an orange checkered silk; covering the white shirt. The pants were also white and the boots were black, matching the rim of the glasses.

Juniper had caught himself staring like a dog would while being teased with a treat. He had quickly remembered why he had come and started to snap pictures for his brother, who had asked him to do so.

While checking the pictures he had taken, Juniper felt as if he was being watched and looked up at the jockey, who was staring him down like he was hunting some sort of animal and had found his target.

Startled, Juniper tries looking away immediately and blushes slightly, looking back when he feels as if the jockey is occupied with something or someone other than him.

Juniper hated having someone's attention focused on him. Feeling uncomfortable, Juniper quickly packs up and swiftly tries to make his way out until he heard a reassuring yell, coming from the track.

"Please don't go! I didn't mean to stare."

He had spoken calmly and reassuring that it left Juniper speechless, standing shakily in front of the exit. Slowly turning around seemed to be the hardest thing in the world, but Juniper somehow managed to turn all the way around and have himself be the center of attention by what seemed to be the only person for miles around.

After a while of silence Juniper had slowly made his way to the edge of the stands. He was now only feet away from a tall, handsome, and extremely sexy jockey. Juniper had sized him up and he seemed to be roughly 6'3-4 with black hair, muscular body, and handsomely sexy facial features.

Juniper had caught himself staring as soon as the jockey had glanced away nervously.

"Hehe...sorry..." Juniper said quietly, smiling while glancing at the ground.

"It's fine." Replied the jockey, smiling nervously. "My names Kaelan."

Juniper snapped and replied quickly. "I-I'm Juniper. It's nice to meet you." Juniper smiles sweetly and looks Kaelan in the eyes.

"Same to you." Kaelan bows slightly and smiles.

Juniper blushes and stiffens, twiddling his thumbs. "S-so since we're both here would you mind...running around the track once?"

Kaelan chuckles softly and holds out his hand, walking closer to Juniper. Juniper hesitantly takes it and blushes harder. Kaelan had towered above Juniper, which made him slightly embarrassed.

"Are you taking pictures?"

"I am...would you mind?"

"No, not at all." Kaelan kisses the back of Juniper's hand softly and smiles. "This run will be for you. Tomorrow I will win the race for you."

Those simple words left Juniper flustered for words, making him blush cherry red.

"J-Just race to the finish and we will find out." Juniper replied, trying to sound sharp-witted.