1

I have always loved to just sit and observe and look at the people that go by. I feel like the time slows down when I watch how their bodies move. It's something about it that makes me calm.
I stood up, grabbed my backpack and went to look at my favourite painting one more time before I left.

"Isn't it beautiful?" A voice spoke on my left side. I didn't look at the boy but I saw his features in the crease of my eyes. His voice was deep but still soft.

"Yeah, it's my favourite. The colours and the motive are just so satisfying to look at." I finally looked at the boy and first I didn't know who it was. He looked like he had a disguise. Black sunglasses, a big hoodie and a beanie. Then I saw a bit of his curly brown hair and one of his tattoos on his hand and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Harry Styles, aka the bad boy, the worst person you could ever talk to! I didn't know what to do so I looked at my phone to check what the time was and I saw that dinner was going to start in 10minutes and if I weren't in time God knows what Karren's was going to do to me?!

"I have to go," I said quickly and started to walk away.

"Nice talking to you to Campbell," Harry said and when I looked back at the place he had stood, he was gone.

How could Harry even have known my last name? He had never talked to me before and we've still been in the same class since kindergarten. When my parents died in a car crash, I was put into a foster family.
The life as an orphan is hard, especially when you live with the family I live with. Karren, the mother is a piece of work, same with her husband, Greg. Their daughter Lauren goes to the same school as me but not in my class though. I'm thankful for that! Lauren is mean just as her mother and her long blond hair are too long for my liking. She has big blue eyes and a body to kill for but her brain is the same size of a peanut.

I don't get any money from them so I'm living on the monthly money the bank sends me from mom and dads savings. They always talked about that if anything happened to them they had signed a few contracts which made it possible for me to get that monthly money. I don't really use them, I usually save them but when I use them they go to buy things that I know I'm in need of.

When I came home I took off my jacket and shoes and quickly went into the kitchen to help with the dinner.

"You're late," Karren said angrily and I shook my head in panic.

"N-no, it's 5 minutes left." Karren watched me with her blue eyes and I felt how my soul started to break.

"You are late if I say that you are late." I nodded and begged for forgiveness. I hated to do it but what other choice did I have?

The dinner went pretty good and of course, I got the duty to clean everything up and do the dishes. It could've been worse... Someone could've been cleaning me up because Karren had slaughtered me to bits. So I didn't complain.

I hated when people said I was weak but no one at school knows what I go through every day in this house. It's like a prison, besides there are no bars and I'm actually allowed to leave...

—————————————

It feels good to me back again! I couldn't resist but to keep writing on this book. I've had a writers block a few years now and it's quite fun to start writing again I must say! Please keep in mind that my English isn't the best since I'm actually from Sweden. But I hope y'all understand what I mean anyways! The first chapters are going to be short since I wrote them a loooong time ago, but I'll try to make them longer as a go!

Xx Hazzenly