7.Friends to Boyfriends

" Colby, you better start running now..." Brennen whispered as he walked up to his friend at his locker.
Colby raised his eyebrows as he looked over. "Why would I want to start running?" He asked.
"One word. Jessica." Brennen said.

Colby glanced over and his eyes went wide with shock as soon as he saw the familiar blonde haired girl.
"And you're too late," Brennen said. "I'll see you later..."
"Wait, don't leave me!" Colby hissed as quickly grabbed Brennen before he could walk away.
"Colby!" Colby flinched as soon as he heard Jessica's high pitched voice. His absolutely worst nightmare.
"You rang?" Colby mumbled, as he looked over at Jessica.
Jessica giggled. "You're so funny Colby," she said.

Brennen rolled his eyes. "Yeah Colby. You're so funny," he said.
"Shut up," Colby hissed as he punched Brennens shoulder.
"Ow," Brennen whined as he rubbed the spot on his shoulder where Colby had hit.
"You boys are so silly," Jessica said as she rolled her eyes playfully.
"Did you want something?" Colby asked, sighing in annoyance.

This happened every day at school, and Colby was getting fed up with it.
"Are you doing anything this weekend?" She asked with a smile on her stupid face.
"Um," Colby hesitated. "Actually... I'm going to the movies with Brennen."
"That's okay! I'll just meet you there and we can hang out,"
"Actually, no... I didn't..." It was far too late.
"See you tomorrow then!" Jessica kissed Colby's cheek and then she skipped away with a smile on her face.

"The movies? Really? That was the best you could think of," Brennen sighed.
"I panicked!" Colby groaned. "Well... we don't have to go to the movies tomorrow."
Brennen laughed. "So she'll show up to the movies and we won't be there?" He asked.
"Exactly. It's a win-win situation, right?" Brennen asked, smiling.
"Dude, you've got to do something about her," Brennen whispered.

"She's been like this... forever! What the hell am I supposed to do?" Colby asked, sighing.
"I don't know, dude. Tell her you've got a girlfriend or something and she'll back off," Brennen suggested. "Oh sorry... tell her that you've got a boyfriend." He laughed.

Colby rolled his eyes. "Well, I guess... that could work," he said. He raised his eyebrows.
"You just need to find someone who will pretend to be your boyfriend," Brennen said.
"Hey Brennen, how you doing buddy?" Colby asked, smiling innocently.
"No way, Colby! Don't even think about asking me. I mean sure I'm your Dad but your my son you know so no." Brennen warned.

Colby pouted. "Sorry Dad but it was worth a shot 😜 " he said. He thought for a few seconds, "Sam."
"Sam?" Brennen asked, raising his eyebrows. "That Bro you always hang out with?"
"Yes, that Bro I always hang out with," Colby rolled his eyes.
"He's like... a billion years old though," Brennen said with a frown.
"He is not, he's only two years older!" Colby quickly defended.
"Whatever mate," Brennen chuckled. "Do whatever you gotta do to keep that bitch away."
"I cannot take anymore of her," Colby sighed and shook his head.
****

"Colby... you want me to pretend to be your boyfriend?" Sam asked, raising his eyebrows at his best friend. "Are you actually crazy or something? We can't date each other..."
"No, no, no. We won't actually be dating each other!" Colby said quickly.
It was a few hours laters when Colby was hanging out at Sam's room at his house.

Sam was Colby's best friend, apart from Brennen. They've known each other for only a year but it was like they've known each other their whole lives. Colby met Sam at band camp and they hit it off immediately. They've been talking to each other ever since and they always hung out with each other whenever they got the opportunity.
Problem was,Colby had a massive crush on Sam and it was pretty obvious even though Sam was completely oblivious about it.

Or so, that's what Colby thought.
And not to mention, Sam was 20 years old while Colby was only 18.
Sam was older, and way cooler than Colby was. Everybody knew who Sam was around town and he was definitely a bad boy who smoked way too much but Colby still loved everything else about him, the fact that even though he was this cool and popular kid, he was just a nerdy guy who liked the same things that Colby loved and had a passion for.