Chapter 1

Taehyung ran through his dorm room, toothbrush in his mouth. Rushing 'cause he was late, he  pulled on his thick and baggy sweater over his head. He ran to the bathroom, and continued to brush his teeth. Taehyung stared at his reflection in the mirror, at his white irises. Demon eyes, they called him. The word chanted through the halls into his head during school, ever since he had even started school. Taehyung's white irises helped him see things no one should have been able to. He was able to read auras, see feelings, and see sound. His heart ached, probably thinking too much at the reason he had became an abomination, the reason he had gained the disability. 

Only to Taehyung it was a disability. To his peers at school, it was a curse. To his family, it was a gift. He didn't always have white irises, not at all. When he was  younger, he had been kidnapped, and he was tortured to such extreme circumstances, that they had turned white as a safety mechanism. He was only seven years old. The kidnapper had tortured Taehyung so much that his guard was always up, so his eyes changed so he could see these things to predict his fate for that day. Taehyung was kept in a warehouse for over four years, until he snapped and somehow killed the kidnapper. His head snapped up from his trance staring at the mirror when he heard his cellphone's alarm going off.

The alarm was set for Taehyung so he knew when he would have to leave the house everyday, to prevent him from being late for his classes. It was obvious that he wouldn't get any breakfast again today before his lecture. He stayed up until ungodly hours in the night, studying for a midterm he had later that day. He mentally kicked himself, 'cause he himself should have known that staying up was a bad idea.

He tugged some jeans on over his boxers that he had slept in, grabbed his bag, and ran out of the door. He backtracked as he didn't wear any shoes, forgot his glasses, and forgot to lock the door. As soon as those were done, he sprinted out of his dorm room again, rushing to the bus stop. He practically ran into the bus, trying to catch his breath.

"Come on kid", the driver said, tilting his head to the back of the bus. Taehyung pushed his glasses up his nose, and dug around in his pocket for his student ID. He swiped it through the machine next to the driver, who was still staring at Taehyung. He gripped the seats as he walked through the isle of the bus, which was mostly inhabited by students like him. He found an empty seat on top of the wheel, and sighed in relief. He didn't need to sit next to anyone, he didn't need to burden anyone that morning. Taehyung sank into the seat, resting his backpack on his knees.