The Discovery

CJ was trying to get in touch with her boyfriend Danny Concannon on the way home from work one day. She kept trying the house and his cell phone. She didn't remember anything about a meeting with his bosses. They have lived in California for about six months and haven't really gotten to know their neighbors yet. As she drives up to the driveway she notices that the door is wide open. CJ gets out of her car and runs to see Danny bloodied on the ground. "DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!"

Her neighbors start to gather around at the screaming of their neighbor, "SOMEBODY CALL 911. MY DANNY HAS BEEN BEATING UP!" CJ keeps checking over things when she hears sirens; she doesn't move until someone grabs her shoulders saying miss you have to move. CJ stands stock still until one of the EMTs ask if she wants to ride with them. When she gets in the ambulance she grabs Danny's ham trying to will him awake. When Danny is in with the doctor CJ calls Danny's family to inform them that she found Danny and that he is now in the hospital.

Two hours later she is sitting holding Danny's hand when she feels a hand on her shoulder, when she looks up she sees a man and woman that she has seen in pictures that Danny has shown her.

"How is my son," asks a gut who has curly hair that is mostly white. The woman next to him has short hair and kind blue eyes, they both look about Danny's height.

"He has stabilized, but the doctors don't know when he will wake up." CJ stands up so Danny's parents can sit down, but Alex (his dad) puts his hand on her shoulder and nods his head down for her to sit back down. Tracy (his mom) moves to the other side of the bed and Alex follows. They both sit in a chair and hold Danny's other hand. The machine keeps beeping alerting them when the blood pressure has been taken. They look at all the different numbers wondering what they all mean. One of the machines start to go off they all look up. His doctor comes in and sees that his fluids need to be changed. CJ moves out of the way so they can fix that, as they leave the room CJ moves back to her spot and grabs Danny's hand once again. "I'm sorry I never introduced myself."

"No need to do that we watched all of your Press Briefings. We wanted to see the woman our little boy was in love with." Tracy slaps Alex.
"Please excuse my husband for not introducing us. I am Tracy and this is Alex."

"Danny has shown me pictures of your whole family. We have been waiting for an occasion so I can meet you all, and for him to meet my family." CJ looks down at Danny, "I was waiting for temperatures to cool down after I left The White House."

"Why is that."

"Many people don't like that a former member of The Bartlet staff is dating a reporter. Even though we didn't start seeing each other until he stopped being one, and I was practically done working at The White House." CJ gives her keys to Danny's parents so they could sleep comfortably.