chapter 1 (trying to escape)

It was a foggy dark Halloween night, a nine year old girl was wondering through an abandoned alley in her neighborhood she was trick o treating with her friends and her aunt Tina.. She wondered off on her own and ended up in this alley as she walked through the bottom of her pink sliky princess dress was starting to soak up the water from the cold floor puddles , her eyes were beginning to fill up with tears as the realization that she is lost and all alone sets into her mind. She is not sure which way to go so she finally decides to walk toward the end of the alley she begins to hear the sound of footsteps from behind her so she stops walking and turns around hoping to see her aunt or a familiar face but she can barely see anything through the thick fog surrounding her so she decides to turn back around to keep moving toward suddenly she hears the foot steps again
"Hello?.. Who's there?..
She asks..no one answers, so she turns around again to look at who is walking behind her and she noticed a figure standing there.
" aunt Tina is that you? I can't really see through this fog"
The girl tries her best to focus on the person standing in front of her and realizes that its not her aunt, this person was much taller than her aunt the figure began to walk towards the girl and as the person got closer the girl noticed that it was a man with a knife...He had long dark brown hair that covered most of his face yet she could still see his dark brown eyes with a very cold menacing stare..He was wearing a black turtle neck shirt with black pants black leather boots and a long black leather trench coat that was unbuttoned.. She tried to make out what his face looked like but his hair and hat were making it almost impossible to see him clearly... When she noticed the kitchen knife in his right hand she began to walk backwards until she got enough sense to turn around and start running all of a sudden....
"Lisa I've been looking everywhere for you"
A tall, fit, Blonde woman was standing in front of a table in a coffee shop. She had ran into her roommate who was sitting in that coffee shop writing a story on her laptop and sipping on her favorite coffee drink.

"Hey, what's going on?"
Said Lisa

Roomate - "what's going on?... I've been calling and texting you all morning"

Lisa - "sorry I had my cellphone on silent I've been working on my latest story and its been hard to concentrate at home so I decided to come here and since I was having a hard time coming up with something to write I put my phone on silent so I wouldn't be interrupted"

Lisa likes to write mystery novels as a hobby and posts it on line for people to read them when she's done.. It's a form of stress relief from her job as a homicide detective. Although there are some days that no matter what she does she isn't able to block out the horrible scenes that she encounters at work..
Other than writing her stories she finds satisfaction whenever she solves a case at work by catching the killer..

Roommate - your boss has been trying to contact you on your cellphone and since you haven't gotten in contact with him he decided to call the house..
He told me that it was important and that you must call him back because its urgent "

Lisa - " you know what Samantha?
Everything about my job is urgent"

Samantha - " well excuse me...don't shoot the messenger.. "

Lisa closes her laptop, and takes off her glasses

Lisa - "sorry for the outburst.."

Samantha sits in the chair that is front of Lisa

Samantha - " what's wrong? "

Lisa - " I think my job is finally getting the best of me, in the past I've been able to escape my stress by writing stories but this time its different I just can't get this latest case that I've been working on out of my head..."

Samantha - " well would it help if we talked about it? "

Lisa -" maybe"

Lisa starts to wipe down her silver framed glasses..you can now notice her chestnut colored eyes which tend to stand out from her brown toned skin she goes into her bag to pull out a hair rubber band, and eye drops to put into her eyes which are bothering her from staring into her laptop all morning.
She then excuses herself in order to go to the bathroom..when she gets there she walks towards the sink and mirror and proceeds to pick up her long brown hair into a high pony tail and then begins to apply her eye drops.