The Party

The day the air smelled like tomatoes, I met a boy who's favorite thing to eat.. was tomatoes.

   It was the 31st of December, the sounds of the mourning doves were soothing, I opened my azure eyes to the bright orange shadows on my walls and the air blowing through my window giving me chills. I loved mornings like this, the calm sound of the outskirts of New York City, just before everyone woke and all was calm, the time was 7:32am

The air smelled like tomatoes.

I was making breakfast and awaiting the arrival of a special guest, Kurama, Kurama was a small fox whom I had formed a bond with. He was kind and had actions of a cat, quite strange really. He comes around by this time, I'll make him a special plate of food and in return? Well, he gives me company.
I hear pawing at my screen door and I know who it is, I waste no time in bringing him inside my home to give him food, he is so interesting to watch.
Not long after I finish, Kurama goes back outside and leaves, seems he was in a rush today. I look at the time and it shows 8:20am. I'm not late but I like to be at work early, it shows that I'm a good co-worker. I get dressed and brush my teeth and head out the door.

I'm walking to my designated building when I bump into someone, I turn to see who I bumped into but I only see the back of their head, their hair was dark, like a ravens feathers, their build was so muscular and attracting. I shake my thoughts and continue walking.
As soon as I reach my office I notice there is a note on my desk.

Darling,
I hope you attend the New Years party tonight! Everyone would be so happy if you did, after all, you are loved. Please come?

XoXo, Sakura Haruno

Sakura, my lovely co-worker, although she is incredibly beautiful and pleasant, she also has a very intimidating side to her, I wouldn't recommend getting her mad.
Shall I go? Who knows, I probably should but it's the same every year, I've only been to one of these parties and no one was interesting, no one thought like I did. I had an odd encounter with Hinata and that was before I realized, I don't like women.

Time skip

I stood outside of Sakura's beautiful city apartment, the noise was too loud for my liking, surprising since my younger years were full of obnoxiously loud noises. I build up the courage to go in and find the pink haired girl.
Once I found her she smiled at me and mouthed one word

"Him."

I wondered what she meant but didn't want to bother her, I went outside to the patio and looked at the cities lights and sounds. I was enjoying it until I felt another's presence, I turn around and a raven haired man looks at me in awe, like he just saw the love of his life. His eyes glistened and I swear, for a moment, I saw lust.
"Sorry, I didn't realize anyone was going to be out here" his voice was deep and tender
"Oh, no you are fine, come, I could use some company" I was always one who never passed up the opportunity for company and especially not a good looking males.

"I'm Sasuke Uchiha, who are you?"
"I'm Naruto Uzumaki" I flashed him a half bright smile

"Naruto" he said it like he knew the name.

I realized then that the air smelled like tomatoes