Prologue

Thomas Austin was standing in the shadow of a big oak tree which stood there for almost a hundred years. The tree was almost a legend. It was said that it was planted by the first Austin who came to England. Back then they were poor merchants, but during the long years, they rose in society and his father was named Lord and passed that title to him. He was determinate to see that his son inherits even a bigger title. Thomas was watching his three children play and dreamt about their future. His eldest child was a pretty girl named Cecily, whom would be a true English rose one day, with her big crystal blue eyes and honey colored hair. He was sure that she will marry well, any man would be lucky to have her as his wife. She was sweet and kind, a perfect wife. George was his only son and heir. Thomas still remembered how happy he was when he hear that he has a son. He was a strong and intelligent boy and Thomas expected great things from him and he knew that his son won't disappoint him. Perhaps he would even become a Duke or marry a rich heiress. Olivia, his youngest daughter, was something special. She wasn't a great beauty like her sister, but there was something special about her. Olivia's dark brown hair and deep brown, almost black eyes, made her look mysterious. She was almost like a riddle and he was sure that one day many men will be interested in solving that riddle. She was also very smart and witty. In his subconscious he knew that Olivia will raise higher that any of them expected, she was his golden child.

Years passed quickly and Austin siblings grew up. Olivia and Cecily spend few years in France serving their Queen who taught them how to be fine young ladies. When Cecily was twenty and Olivia seventeen their father called them back to England. He managed to secure place for Cecily in Queen Katherine's household as one of her ladies. Olivia was put in Princess Anne's household. The Princess was the only child of King and Queen and the heiress to the throne. Olivia was very happy in Princess's household, she loved and respected Anne very much and she soon she became her favorite lady. She even started to teach Princess French. Anne was a fast learner and Olivia enjoyed spending time with her. The Princess was, like a little sister she never had to her. One day Queen came to visit her daughter. Anne was very excited, and she wanted to show her mother her favorite Lady. Olivia was very curious and she wanted to see the Queen of whom she heard so many good things and she was overjoyed when Katherine called her. When she came before Queen she sank in a deep curtsey.

"You may rise, lady, Olivia," Queen said in reserved voice. She truly looked majestic in a deep purple robe with her light brown hair combed to a perfection in a tight bun. She looked very beautiful despite her age.

" I hear you teach my daughter French."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"And I heard that she speaks it very well."

"Yes, Your Majesty, Princess is very talented. I love teaching her she is so thirsty for knowledge."

"I'm very glad to hear that. Anne seems to love you very much. She is writing me about you all the time."

"I also love Princess very much. She is a true credit to You and His Majesty, a perfect Princess."

"I hope you will look after her always."

"I will Your Majesty."

"Then we will be good friends lady Anne."

"I would love that."