Move On, Baby

PARIS

She could feel the warm breath on her ears. In an instant she knew who it was, she pretended to be asleep.

"You look so beautiful" he said in a husky voice which made her smile.

A droplet of water fell on her face; she opens her eyes to see him gazing at her adoringly with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. He shakes his head to sprinkle more water droplets on her face from his wet hair.

"Ughh!! What are you doing, Siddharth!?" she shrieked and tried to push him away.

"Baby, I had to get up early because of you!! Alarm baje ja raha tha aur tum kumbhkaran ki tarah soyi pari hui thi!! So, this is my revenge!" he said pinning down her hands on the bed.

"Siddharth!! What time is it? Am I late? Shit!! I had a breakfast meeting at 8 o' clock!!" she looked at the side table. It was 6.45am. She sighed in relief and looks up at him.

"Siddharth, leave me! I have to get ready! And wear some clothes, yaar!!" she scolded him softly.

"Why? Don't you like what you see?" he grinned.

She rolled her eyes and tries to free her hand.

"Baby, itni aasani se nahi jaane milega tumko!" he smirked and leaned towards her.

"Siddharth.. but.. " he shushed her by brushing her nose with his.

After half an hour, when Roshni comes out taking a shower Siddharth was settling his hair in front of the mirror.

"Babe, help me with the tie" he called out to her. She walks towards him while drying her hair with the towel. She throws the towel on the bed and takes his tie. While tying it, Siddharth pulls her by her waist towards him. She smacks his chest and tells him not to get naughty anymore as she didn't have time. He grins and takes the coat from the cupboard. She runs to the kitchen and prepares the lunch boxes. She hands one to him and keeps one in her bag.

"Oh shoot, I forgot to print the documents!" said Siddharth.

"Pich! Fine, you stay and complete your work. I am leaving." she replied and turned to leave.

He holds her hand and kisses her cheeks before she could say something.

"Bye! Good luck for your presentation!" he wished.

"Thanks!!" she said and leaves without looking back. She closes the door, and touches her cheeks where he kissed her. She closes her eyes and smiles. A tear escapes her eyes and she rubs it before anyone could notice it. She runs down the stairs.

In the office

Roshni was in a meeting, she was giving a presentation. As soon as she finishes it, everyone sitting in the conference room applauds for her work. Her boss, Mr. Mehta shakes her hand and thanks her for giving a fabulous presentation. The clients were impressed by her work and had offered their company the deal which they were anxiously waiting for. Roshni's phone buzzed, so she excused herself and went to her cabin. Without looking at the caller ID, she picks up the call and says,

"Hello?" very happily which surprises the person at the other end of the call.

"Hello? Roshni?" she said.

Instantly all the happiness from her face disappears as she hears her voice. She bites her lips and closes her eyes.

"Roshni, are you there?" she asked again.

"Yes, Mom. What do you need?" she asked flatly.

"Nothing beta, I just called you up to check on you! How are you? What happened? You sounded very happy?" she asked gladly sensing that finally her daughter must have come out of her trance.