Love-Sight

This story is about a character who was born with the talent to see 'The Red Threads' connecting people who are meant to be together, like strands of fate. This will explain most of the mind of this character. And, worst of all, what would this character do if they saw a thread connecting them to another person?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janurary 1st, 2035

My name is April Raine. 

I'm nineteen years old. I haven't decided to go to college yet, I'm a huge bookworm, I have long black hair, I'm very pale, I have brown eyes, and I'm average height of 5'2, I like to write, paint, and I do some sports. I'm not really normal, but I'm not really weird. 

But I can see the red threads connecting you to your lover.

The first time I actually noticed I had love-sight was when I saw my friends hand wrapped in a red string, which trailed down to the floor and across the street. I asked her what she was doing with that string...

"What string?" She asked.

I leaned towards her to touch the string but...I couldn't touch it. She looked at me as if I was crazy as I followed where the string was going. She followed behind yelling for me. 

Once I got to the end of it, it was connected to a boy sitting in a coffee shop. My friend immediately saw him and froze. He did the same.

After she walked in and talked with him, they've been dating since. And once they did, the string turned white.

And that was seven years ago.

-

-

-

Today is Janurary 1st of 2035. 

I've seen over twenty three red threads today...only five have disappeared yet. 

I think once...I saw a string go black before falling off one of the people's hand. Did that mean their fate of love broke? Maybe cheating? Or falling in love with someone else? I don't know. I still don't understand some of this. But...I know mostly the three main colors I see.

Red is fated love, but it can fade.

Black is broken love, soon to disappear.

And white...is love that can never be broken no matter what.

I've only seen one white string in my whole life, which was with my friend, Jane and her boyfriend, Sammy.

-

-

-

I open my book, turning to the page I had marked and continued reading. It was about 2:47p.m. On this Saturday, so there wasn't much to do.

I'm reading in a café shop right now, mostly staring out the window, looking at the random strings floating around the air and around people. I loved how they had a glowing light around them, covering my view with glowing reds, whites, and maybe one or two blacks, which were still beautiful. 

Most of my drawings and paintings were based on the threads. Everyone would always question the strings I draw and paint in my art. I just reply "it's my imagination" and continue.

If I told the truth I would probably be called crazy.

I closed my book, sliding the chair back to get up. I walked out of the café and to the apartment of mine ten minutes away. Once I got into my apartment I grabbed my paint set and a canvas. I set it on my desk and pulled out my chair to sit in. I then opened the window, which showed me a view of the busy street, along with hundreds of glowing colors.