When the bad boy turns good.

“Brooke! Get up or we’re going to be late!” I heard my best friend Kyla scream at me from down stairs. I groaned as rolled my face over into my pillow before getting up to face the day that lay ahead. Kyla was taking me out for the day, to try and get my mind off of him. She wouldn’t tell me where we were going or what we were going to do she just promised that I would love it, so I jumped out of bed, threw on a pair of denim maroon shorts along with a rolling stones tee-shirt then walked over to my dressing table to quickly apply some makeup. 

As I began to twirl my eyelashes with a dominant black mascara brush, the events of the day before came spiralling back into my mind. My boyfriend had cheated on me. He cheated on me with Jenna Black. Of all the people, why her? The funny thing is I caught the two of them in the act, oh how I wanted to smack that smirk straight off her condescending face, but I didn’t. I did something worse. I cried. I stood there like an idiot and cried. He looked at me and the sorrow in his eyes was crystal clear, he wasn’t sorry for cheating on me with the one girl who I hated most in the world, he wasn’t sorry  for doing it on my birthday, he wasn’t sorry for breaking my heart, he was just sorry that he got caught.

He didn’t even chase after me when I ran away, all I got was a lousy text message saying how sorry he was and how much he loved me. Nice one Zach, very classy. 

I’d just finished applying a light coat of foundation when I heard the door opening behind me. “What’s taking you so long? C’mon we’re going to be late.” 

Ah Kyla, always so impatient. “I’m coming, keep your panties on” I giggled. I slid my flip flops on, grabbed my purse and away we went.

“So where are we going anyway?” I asked, trying to look half excited. “It’s a surprise, now no more questions” she said as she winked at me. I stared out the window in a daze, with my earphones up as loud as they could go, this is usually when I done most of my deep thinking. I was listening to ‘ours’ by Taylor Swift, God I loved her. The song always reminded me of Zach because people were always warning me about how much of a player he was and to be careful, this song always comforted me and made me feel happy about our relationship. But not today. It made me regret every stupid time I sang it in my room with him in mind, it made me regret the whole relationship basically. How could he do this to me? Just then a tear escaped my eye and quickly ran down my cheek. 

A few songs later the car stopped, I couldn’t believe my eyes. We were at a gigantic theme park, it was called, “thunder world” the sadness in my eyes quickly turned to excitement as I jumped out of the car! I hugged Kyla so tightly that I’m pretty sure she couldn’t breathe and then she handed me my ticket. “Thank you so much” I said, “this day will be perfect.”

We walked in through the gates of the theme park, there were so many big decisions to be made, what were we going to go on first?  I looked at a giant roller coaster that read, “tunnel of doom.” “that one!” I shouted as I grabbed Kyla’s hand and ran towards it. 

A few hours passed and we’d been on almost every ride, it was timed  to take a break so we made our way over to the closest café and ordered some pizza. As we were waiting for our food to be ready I noticed that everyone was being directed out of the theme park by guards. That’s odd, the park wasn’t due to close for 3 hours, huh. Oh well, I wasn’t leaving until I got my pizza! 

I asked the waitress why it was closing early and she replied saying that some celebrity boy band had hired it out for one of the boy’s birthdays. Me and Kyla looked at each other with excitement in our eyes, “I wonder who it could be” I said.