You

You

It's fast, almost unnoticeable.

But look closely, very, very, closely, and you will see.

You will see the change from socially sane and normal person to socially mentally ill.

You will peer forward as far as your eyes can see.

You will glimpse a fragile person curled up in the corner, fighting to keep their sanity, fighting to stay the same.

The person's head will rise up and you will see the pain and suffering that clouds their eyes.

The person will reach out to you.

They will plead and try to grab you.

"Save me," is what they whisper with an inaudible voice, "I need you to save me."

This may happen in a long period of time or most often than not, a short period of time.

It might not be noticeable.

It might suddenly just occur to you that something is different one day.

You will wonder when everything started to change.

But of course, no absolutely obvious answer will come to you.

Or it might, but it most likely won't.

It will hurt. It will make you feel alone.

Of course you'll wonder if it's summer sadness, depression or something much worse.

In the society with live in it is simply labelled as mental illness or mentally unstable.

Of course that could vary from anxiety, anger issues to suicidal thoughts.

But let's just leave it at that.

You will notice that it pulls you away from life in a way that you can't quite grasp.

Back to the figure in the corner, the person is hurt, maybe a few scars here and there.

They might timidly call for you. They might bravely call for you.

Either way, they call for you.

And as they scream an agonising plea of "Help me!"

You flinch back as you realise something.

That person is you.