Cinderella At The Ball

Well it was time to go to her mother's farewell Divorce party, she didn't know why her mother would want such a thing

Well it was time to go to her mother's farewell Divorce party, she didn't know why her mother would want such a thing.  She thought her father was the best man in the world.  To her he was, but she remembered the abuse, the hurt, the crying.  She knew her mother deserved another chance, but why go to America and leave her with her father?   

Cinderella didn't know it yet, but her life was to take a turn, for the worse or for better, we shall see!   All she ever wanted was to be loved and to sing.

Chapter 1

Once upon a time, there was a young lady named Cinderella.  She lived with her father who was an Executive Producer for reggae artist, who was responsible for business decisions and organising the recordings along with the music producer.

She loved going to work with her father, watching the artists recording.  She loved music, all different types of music, and was always singing around the house.

They had a maid named Anna, who was everything to Cinderella since her mother left.  Anna did everything for Cinderella, she loved her as a daughter, since she didn't have any children of her own.

One day John, Cinderella's dad, said to her he had to go away for work reasons, and would be back in a few days.

"OK dad.  Can't I come with you?  Who are you promoting now?"  John kissed his daughter on the forehead.

"No love, this is an important meeting I have to attend.  It's only a few days, I'll be back before you know it."  She smiled, and kissed her father goodbye.

Cinderella was in the kitchen with Anna, they were baking cookies.  They often did this, and enjoyed each others company.

"Anna did dad look different to you?"  Cinderella thought her father looked happier lately.  He was always on the phone, smiling, whispering and laughing.  But she didn't take any notice at first, thinking it was just business.

"You are right Cinderella, he does look more handsome, and much more at ease.  I did overhear him one day talking to that lady he works with, what's her name again?"

"Cynthia?" She replied, now staring at Anna.

"Yes, Cynthia.  He looked really cosy, not a business call at all.  But it's none of my business."

Cinderella laughed at Anna, "you must be imaging things Anna, he would have said something to me."

Few days later, her father came back, looking as though he'd won a million pounds.   He bought her back a gift as he'd always done when he went away.

"Cinderella, I need to talk to you love."  He said suspiciously.

"What is it dad?"  She was very curious to why he looked nervous now.