A Dyslexic Wins the Spelling Bee

Hi!

My name is Cymbelline, (SIM-ba-Lin) and this is my first story. If you are reading this, thank you, it means a lot. This story is based off of my IRL friend's (yeah I have friends. I also have a life!) life story thingy. So, it's basically 100% true. Well, except some of the places and names I've changed to keep private. (like SilverWater Heights isn't a real place I think. I just made it up And some of the teachers names are changed. Other than that everything's true)WARNING: I suck at writing, I really do, I just love to do it. And if nobody reads my story, I'm more than likely gonna post the whole thing for the heck of it. anyway, if you like what you read feedback is always appreciated. Sorry for any errors.

Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Belle. I'm fourteen years old and I attend SilverWater Heights' Jr. High. I have dyslexia and proud of it! When people first found out I thought they would make fun of me. Nope. Everyone's pretty cool about it. Especially my friends Adzie and Raquelle. In school, my grades are great! Straight C's and D+'s. But suddenly, they dropped, ever since November twenty-eighth.

It was a normal day for me, Belle Di Stefano, at SilverWater Heights' Jr. High when my super smart B.F.F, Adzie Cambridge, approached rather happily.

"Morning Belle." she said. "I have some good news and bad news. Good news is there's a spelling bee for grades seven and eight. Winner moves on to state. Bad news is Dawn Miles is more than likely gonna wipe the floor with anyone who dares to enter."

"That's not really something that interests me, Adzie. But you should enter." I told her. I looked across the room to see Dawn and her friends laughing at innocent people scampering across the room. One of them just so happened to be Raquelle Lacroix, my very random, brave, exciting friend.

"Bonjour Raquelle!" Dawn said sarcastically as her friends laughed at her. They continued to laugh and make fun of Raquelle's accent until she snapped. Raquelle began yelling, and cursing, in French. When she was done she came over to me and Adzie, leaving Dawn and her friends quiet.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Adzie giggled.

"Yes I do and proud of it." Raquelle joked.

"Your lucky Mr. Bloom didn't hear you." I mumbled. Mr. Bloom is the French teacher.

"Speak of the devil, I gotta go talk to him. See ya later." Adzie said leaving.

"Bye. So are you gonna do the spelling-" I was caught off by Dawn popping up in front of us.

"Don't even bother, Mirrorbelle." She hissed making fun of my name. "You too Raquelle-Snail."

Raquelle scoffed, "That's not even clever."

"Yes it is! Because French people eat snails, Raquelle-Snail." Dawn's friend Jasmine sneered. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, so stay out of the spelling bee, Dyslexic, the money is mine." Dawn snapped getting in my face. I cringed. Money. The one thing that my family didn't have but Dawn's did. That's what she was aiming for. That and maybe some attention from teachers and boys. But no matter what, there's no way I'm letting this girl win.

| and done! so what did ya think? that's the first chapter. if you have any questions you're welcome to just ask! thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!

~Cymbelline