Haunted? Is it really, tho?

Your alarm clock sounded at five forty-five. You yawned and stretched your arms into the air before you dismissed it. Rubbing your eyes, you looked towards your black, light blocking curtains. Right now, the sun was most likely getting ready to set.

You switched on the dim light that lit your room, then went off to your closet to find something to wear. Once you settled on something and got changed, you checked your backpack to make sure you had everything you'd need then left your room, heading to the kitchen for a quick snack before leaving.

"Oh, good evening, darling~!" you step-dad Oliver greeted you as you passed through the living room to get to your destination. Your step-dad and step-brother Al were the only ones you knew who would always be up at this time. Your dad and older brother would never be seen at such an hour.

"Same to you."

Hopping up, he skipped over beside you to walk with you. "My, don't you look adorable!" he stopped you by hugging you and nuzzled your face.

"O-Oliver! Please. I have to hurry."

"I already left out a travel mug for you dear, so just give me a few more seconds! You're just so cute!"

You sighed. Oliver was always so affectionate. It was tiring in itself. Since you were the only girl in the house, he always enjoyed dressing you up and having little chats over cups of coffee and plates of human flesh that he prepared. You always just preferred a sandwich, though.

Oliver and his son were both ghouls. Oliver usually liked to prepare and present his food before eating, unlike Al, who pretty much would just dismember the person with his hands and chew the flesh off their bones like a human would a piece of chicken.

Oliver was fairly organized. Ever since he married your dad and you all moved in together a year ago, you were never really short on blood. When he would capture his food, in the basement he would drain them of a good amount of their blood and keep it for the vampires of the house. You didn't even have to go out and hunt as much anymore which was fairly convenient for you.

"I really should get going. I might be late for school, you know."

He huffed before unhanding you and nodding, "I understand..."

You giggled before petting his head, "Tell you what. How about we have a cup of coffee when I get home tonight?"

"(n-name)! I've told you not to pet my head like I'm a child!" he pouted, "I am still legally your step-father!"

"True, but I'm eighty-nine. It's a force of habit for me to pet cute things at this age, sweetie."

"B-but physically, you're fifteen! At least try to act as if I'm older!" he fussed.

"Well, I'm sorry," you said and started back towards the kitchen. "I'll try harder tomorrow!"

"You say that everyday!"

After retrieving the travel cup Oliver left for you, you grabbed your car keys and took a long sip before saying to Oliver, "I'm off to school."

He cupped his cheeks in his hands. "It's so sweet how you go out everyday to be around hundreds of humans. And you haven't killed a single one yet!"

"Well, I look fifteen and it's a little fun watching these teenagers. Even more fun to act like one! It's really nice that they have this night school thing. It's just like the real thing that I see on television and the internet."

"I could never trust Al to be around so much food by himself. I wish he could have just a little restraint like you, (name)."

"I'm not sure if we could even find a witch to make that wish of yours come true, Oliver. Maybe he'll grow out of it. He is only seventeen."