Chapter 1

She sat atop, in the balcony someone had unskillfully crafted, it creaked under each little movement. Most people wouldn't have dared step foot onto the balcony but she didn't care she had to get out of that stupid bar. She curled up, her Persian blue dress blowing in the wing. the mist was out. She had always found an odd comfort in them. They danced, swirled and played, she stood and swayed her arms through them. Watching them dance around her movement brought a smile to her face, she giggled and spun around watching it pool with her movements and spray out as her dress flared out. The mist did not act like water mist or vapor, it reacted more like a floating river, it had tendrils that swam through the air it had form unlike water vapor.

She swayed her hips, she felt like she was out somewhere far from where she was, she imagined she was at one of the balls she had heard s few of the nobles talk about, with there lights and colours, the smell of fine foods, the sound of couples laughing and music to dance to, the feel of her partner's hand resting on the arch of he back, guiding her through the steps. She felt it take her away for a moment and she wished it could have lasted forever but, "Kathrine!" she froze she knew this was coming but, "Kathrine! Where the hell are you!" .... He sounds mad.

Arron, came through the door, face twisted with anger. "I knew I'd find you up here you little whore" he grabbed her hair, "you work for me, remember, and that means you are down there making me money. Or would you like to be thrown out into the streets and left to starve?" An evil smile grew across his face. He forced her to the railing and pushed her against it "if you'd rather that, I'll be taking this back!" he reached up and ripped off the top of her dress, exposing her breast, "And this." He then ripped the waist of the dress and let it fall. He then pushed himself against her, she resisted the erg to turn and fight him while also fighting her tears back. She felt him against her and it made her want to vomit over the railing.

She tried to block out what was happening, she just mentally hid, she had become good at that. When your raised in the streets as a ska child you learn to either deal with the life your given, or die. Before she knew it, it was over and he pushed her down. She sat there in a heap of herself, to mentally strained to even try and get up. She saw him wonder through the door. She laid down and shut her eyes and the next moment she was out.