East Egg, Iris and Torn Dresses

"Madame !" called the housekeeper desperately for my stepmother. "Coming in exactly five minutes, don't use haste in your tone Martha," answered Iris abruptly.

It was past the humid atmosphere of the 9am morning and everything appeared to melt like an illusoon against the heat; a "much awaited" employee for my stepmother's all time Vintage Car Collection Studio ( VCCS for short ) had been invited for a possible promotion interview to her mansion.
Irritated by the closure of my room, I went up to the veranda to look at the ferocious and the telephone wires sizzling before the temperature. The quartz tiles on the veranda floor absorbed light from the never-ending rays of sun whilst I heard Iris walking outside in her stilettos. Making that familiar "click" sound, she approached the driveway, assumedly to look for any signs of the employee arriving, only to enter back into the house, next to me on the veranda.

"The day's quite hot today, isn't it little champ?" She asked brightly with that stagnant smile of hers. I didn't answer, I kept on looking at the sky and with an effulgence of the blinding sun, I turned to her and nodded. "Seems like you're enjoying the weather, I'll leave you be" she said maintaining her smile. I smiled back for a second and continued observing tbe ambience.