How it Started

It all starts in the Underworld. Thanatos and Hades were two Greek gods. Hades managed the Underworld, and Thanatos brought people there. Thanatos had several children that helped him. One of his children brought a soul still in his body accidentally. The boy was brought to Thanatos later that day. So another one of his children was brought to him.

   "Why have you summoned me, father?" they Death Boy asked. "I have a special task for you," Thanatos said, quietly. "One of your brethren has brought a soul still with a body. He is an orphan from America. His name is unknown. Your trial is to take a girl whose time is coming soon. She lives in England, and her name is Charlotte."

   "Will I need to develop an accent?" the Death Boy asked. "No, this boy is American," Thanatos told him. "You have an American accent." "What about the name?" the Death Boy asked. "Just give him a name! Any name! It doesn't even matter." Thanatos was starting to get annoyed. "But don't stay in the Overworld for too long, or fall in love. Otherwise the soul of this boy will be destroyed, and he doesn't deserve that." "What would happen to me?" The Death Boy asked his father. "You will live a mortal life in the body. Then, when the girl dies, both of you will be sent back here. And don't touch any living thing, or they will die."

   "What if I fall in love with the girl? Humans tend to fall in love with each other," The Death Boy said. "Then you will be sent to Tartarus for directly disobeying me," his father replied. "Well, that's nice," Death Boy thought to himself. "Today, please. To the Overworld with you," Thanatos finalized it. This Death Boy was not one of the god's favorites.

   So, with all that being said, the Death Boy entered the human being. The soul in the body was being crammed against the frame of its holder. It was very painful for Death Boy and the orphan's soul. "What is this?" Death Boy asked to nobody in particular. "Is this what it feels like to have life? I fell...strange. But somehow...pleased. Is this what the air and ground surrounding me feels like? Is this what pain is?" He could no longer see the spirits, let alone Thanatos. But he could hear him. "And stay out of the sun. It makes you darker," the god said.

   And that was the last thing he heard in the Underworld.