Chapter 1

He'll be here. I know he will, he wouldn't just forget about me... Out here... In the cold.

Would he?

No he wouldn't. I decided to send him a message, not to remind him, cause he wouldn't have forgotten, but to confirm that he will be here soon and all this worrying is for nothing.

To Alex: What time did you say you'd pick me up??

I sent the message and stand around waiting for his reply. Minutes pass and I still have no confirmation whether or not he's coming and my deepest worries of him actually forgetting me have started to surface, but they're just worries and sooner or later he'll speed into the parking lot, frantic and full of remorse for being however late he is. Checking my phone for what seems to be the thousandth time I see nothing has changed from the last time I checked, however, I do notice that he's now two hours late.

The cold and bitter weather is starting to pick up and the afternoon sky is beginning to fade into darkness. After another hour I decide it's time to take it upon myself to get home and without a car or any bus fare left, after deciding I wouldn't need extra change, my only other option is to walk. I contemplate calling Louis but he has a date with El and Niall has a family thing and Sophie is out with her boyfriend, besides she can't drive. Ugh! This just isn't my day!

I've been walking for a little over half an hour and I'm still nowhere near home, or the university so I can't go back. Sighing I wrap my cardigan tighter around myself, although it does nothing to protect me from the cold temperature of the night sky that seems to be decreasing drastically. When all hope seems to be lost, my phone rings and I instantly reach out to answer it.

"Alex"

"Liv, where the fuck are you?" his tone was harsh and I could tell he'd been drinking. I can just tell I'm in for a hell of a night

"I'm walking home since you didn't return my messages or calls, but I can tell you've been having a great time forgetting about me whilst I waited for my good for nothing boyfriend!" I retorted my tone equally as shrill as his

"When did we agree I was picking you up?" Wow! Is he actually serious? "I told you I had a thing to go to with a friend of mine and I'd be back late and I thought I'd pop by your dorm room to surprise you but you're not here!" He seethed back.

"Oh my gosh!" I had just about had enough. "I actually can't believe you! We agreed that you'd pick me up since my car was due for its MOT and unfit for driving right now and you didn't want me on the bus or getting a lift from anyone who wasn't you!! It was your bloody idea to pick me up anyway. We even confirmed it when you called to wish me good luck on my finals this morning!"

"Stop behaving like a such a whiny bitch, I don't recall any of this. I bet you were with your friends Louis or Niall, maybe even both. God you're such a whore! You reserve yourself from me, you're boyfriend, yet you're constantly behind my back with those pricks. What? Is my cock not man enough for you?" His words stung and I could feel the tears fill my eyes but I refused to let him know his words affected me like this.

"I'm tired and cold and just not in the mood for you're drunken bullshit so I have to go, I will see you when you're sobered up." I knew better than to argue with him whilst he's intoxicated, for the sake of his anger and my sensitivity, so with that I put down the phone and returned to walking home with no other option.