CH 1. Desert Flower

(Tony's POV)

"Mr. Stark, Mr. Stark!!" yelled the reporters. Its all that I could hear. Since the beginning of the war with terrorists over seas every celebrity seems to have said there opinions about whether or not to help the refugees that were stuck in the county.  I just wanted to stay away from this controversy but sadly the press wouldn't let me forget it. I'm now at a conference about my new inventions and then the fire storm of questions about the war came.

"What are your opinions about the war?" I heard one man yell from the back.

"I'm sorry sir I don't feel comfortable about this situation... I am sorry." I said starting to walk away to the exit

"Sir are you scared of what the terrorist will do to America?" Another yelled, she was much closer to the front.

Pepper motioned me to quicken my pace towards the exit, but then i heard a man in the crowd yell in a chant.

"WE NEED TO CUT OF ALL TIES TO THE COUNTRY !! WE NEED TO CUT ALL TIE TO THE COUNTRY!!!" the man yelled from the back. Soon more joined in and it just seemed to echo in my head. 

"J-just ignore them...they'll stop..." Pepper said seeing that it was affecting me. But they wouldn't stop they kept chanting and chanting, all of the voices echoing in my head. Until I couldn't take it anymore. "Oh Peppers going to kill me..." I thought as i turned back towards the podium.

"Geez don't you know when to stop!!" I said into the mic. That shut them up. 

"Why do you care... you haven't said anything!!" a man yelled from the back. I turned my attention to the man. He was walking up towards the front. He had a navy blue suit with a crimson tie. He had chestnut hair neatly groomed to the side. He was fairly tall but a few inches shorter than me and had a notepad in his hand. He seemed to be in his mid 30's early 40's. He was glaring at me and I had a bad feeling about him.

"Well may I ask who you might be?" I said leaning on the mahogany stand. "Mr. Stark, my name is Eric Ross. I am a reporter for the Daily News. Why do you care about what happens...I would think a man of your business would be happy since about 80% of the weaponry is being used in the war. Your booming right now.'" He said stopping and reading some notes from the journal. "Yes my weaponry is used to PROTECT them and the refugees that are stuck in the country." I said "Yes but is also use to fight those refugees brethren. How do you know which are refugees and which are the terrorists??" he said motioning towards two immigrants in the back..

They looked shocked and embarrassed that they were pulled into the conversation. It was a middle aged woman with what looks like a young boy around 13-14. "Aw geez he's bringing a kid into this..." 

"heya mister"

I was caught speechless as tears welled up in my eyes. I could see Ross moving his lips but I could hear nothing come out. All I could see was memories coming back, horrible and tragic but wonderful and joyful as well. But as with a bang I was snapped back to reality when I felt cold tears fall from my eyes. 

"Mr. Stark are you okay... or can you not handle the pressure of all the money you've earned." Ross said with a sneer on his face. "Why even care about these immigrants when the president has already banned them from our country!! Their just lucky that-" He said with such hatred to the mother-son duo. I couldn't take it anymore, I burst. 

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM!!!!" I said hushing the entire room. I took a deep breath in trying to regain my composure. "The reason why I don't put regulations on who gets treatment and help to those who needs it in enemy territory, is because we need to remember are enemies are still human. HUMAN... and also the presidents new order on banning these poor people is extremely ridiculous. Just because a group of people that have done wrong docent the entire race is cruel and deserves their punishment." I said with hatred to Eric Ross and then turning my attention too the immigrants. I jumped off the stage and strolled over to them and looked down to them with the kindest eyes I could muster.