Shit can happen

I began to awake again to hear screaming, I tried to block out the sound of it but it just seemed to become louder. I finally decided to drag myself out of bed to ask Aydia what was wrong this time except for our father who died three years ago. He was killed in a car accident, it was very fatal for the other car driver but our dads was far from fatal he had four broken ribs, one broken arm, and an extreme head injury. He died almost instantly after impact. It was terrible, but I think my sister took it the hardest. She always seemed depressed after that, I think her being eleven when it happened didn't help. Then again her best friend Jake helps a lot because he understands. See he had a similar experience with his mom. So that helps most of the time and his older brother, man can I just say he's hot as hell, but he's a total scumbag so that item's off the table. As I finally reached my sister's room she ran out of bed and jumped on me while sobbing causing us to both fall onto the ground. I asked her if she was okay and she said.....

As soon as she said it I hugged her then thought about what she said repeatedly "Jake got shot to death walking to our house this morning." I comforted her until my mother woke up I told her what happened before she began talking to Aydia so she would be Mentally prepared. I ended up going back to bed until eleven a.m. and was still tired when I woke up, honestly I was planning on going back to bed, but then my phone began to ring over and over again so when I finally answered my best friend was on the other line, since I was still half asleep I didn't know it was her so I just said hello?

"ASH!" she screamed horrified.

"Melanie?" I asked a little worried and now fully awake.

"Ash, I need your help please come now." she sounded like she just saw someone get shot so I ran to her house that was only a few blocks away, but something didn't feel right no one was answering the door and I was really worried about Melanie so I let myself in. I looked everywhere but she was nowhere to be found. I found a note that read....  

The note said, "Meet me at the Golden Gate Bridge by two p.m or you won't have a best friend anymore." I was horrified. I dropped the note in terror thinking about what I just read then ran back to my car as fast as I could. I went to the location that I assumed was a man had told me to meet him to retrieve my best friend. When I finally arrived the first thing that caught my eye was Melanie getting held over the bridge, but then I noticed who was holding her over. I looked at Jake's brother holding her halfway over the bridge slowly pushing her farther over. I looked at the time one fifty-nine. Oh shit! I ran out of my car towards them and ripped her from his hands. "August, what the hell are you doing!" I screamed at him in anger.

He responded with. 

Go away Ashley I need to do this I need to avenge my brother. He said while crying and being intimidating.

"Avenge him, August she didn't kill him. What the hell." I was pissed.

"But I don't know who killed him so I'm doing the second best thing killing my ex-girlfriend," he said while laughing and crying.

"Fine I'll jump if you let her go," I said climbing onto the bridge

"NO ASHLEY I LOVE YOU!"

"Then put Melanie down and I'll get down okay?" I began to get down when he did something

"YOU DIDN'T SAY IT BACK!" he said in anger while throwing my best friend over the bridge

So I did the thing any other best friend would do. I jumped.