Turnt

This might become a series of short stories if it gets enough support. So, if you want to see more, make sure to follow and vote me!

     As Jackson rushed through the forest, he thought happily of his daughter, Mary. Man, she will be so happy to see that I'm okay, Jackson thought to himself. But suddenly, a zombie appears out of a bush and bites him in the arm. Jackson screamed in pain as he whacked the zombie in the head with the butt of his pistol.

    Suddenly, realising his scream would attract more zombies, he climbed a small tree, despite the fiery pain in his arm. As he climbs the tree, he realises how beautiful the forest is, with the birds singing and the red, orange, and gold leaves fluttering from the trees and landing softly on the forest floor. What a nice place to die, Jackson thought. 

     Once at the top, he pulls out a picture of his daughter, Mary, from his back pocket. Looking at it tears start running down his face. Pulling out a pencil and sticky note from his pocket, he starts writing something on the sticky note in sloppy yet elegant writing.

     Jackson had lived a good life. He thinks about all the things he's done. Started a family, had a kind and loving daughter, and he had secured a well paying job as a lawyer. But all that was before the zombies came.

     Then, a thought formed in Jackson's head. Well, if I'm going to become a zombie, might as well get rid of one future zombie on this planet, Jackson thought. Pulling his pistol to his head, he thinks about his daughter, Mary. Then smiling, Jackson pulls the trigger.