Jelena

I rested my head on Justin’s chest, as he stroked my hair. I’d just came back from filiming Spring Breakers, and this was the first time we had been together in over a month. “I could stay like this forever.” I said, smiling to myself. I felt Justin’s chest tense, and his arm loosen around me. I looked up at him, his eyebrows were furrowed and there was a little crease in-between them. His eyes were sharp and cold, and lips pursed in a straight line. “Are you okay?” I asked, feeling the uneven beat of his heart. He relaxed his face, and stared at me for a few moments, before sitting up on the bed, and sighing.

“There’s something I have to tell you.” He said, taking a hand in mine. Immediately, I tensed, digging my fingernails into the sides of his palm. “What?” I asked, chewing on my bottom lip. Justin took a few deep breaths in, and put his head down. “Promise you wont leave?” He said, now taking my other hand in his free one. “What the hell is it?” I asked. This time, he put his head up and stared into my eyes. “Just remember, that I love you, always have, always will, okay?” I raised an eyebrow. “What’s going on… Did something happen while I was away?” I questioned. Knowing Justin, he’d keep faithful, so I wasn’t too worried. “Yes.” He said, swallowing hard. I dropped my shoulders. I felt my lips separate, and my nails dig deeper into his palm. “I cheated on you.” He said, his cold eyes and hard lips returning. I stared at my knees that were kneeling on the bed. I couldn’t register what I had just heard.

After a few minutes of dead silence, I managed to stammer a sentence. “Who… Who is she?” I said, getting up off the bed, and leaning against our dresser. “I don’t know. I didn’t know who she was, I don’t even know her name. She was seventeen, I met her at the bar down the road. I only went there with Ryan, but he ended up leaving without me. I was drunk, I didn’t know any better.” He explained. I threw my hands up in the air. “Didn’t know any better?! Justin you fucked some girl while I was away how could you not know what you were doing?” I asked, trying to hold back my tears. “I’m sorry! I wasn’t thinking, you didn’t even come across my mind once, I mean, you did, but not during anything, it just kinda happened.” He said, twitching with his thumbs. The tears came, streaming down my cheeks, and the pain in my chest increased. “You expect me to believe that?” I said, throwing my purse at him. He stepped back to avoid the flying purse, but then came closer to me. He cupped my face in his hands. “It’s the truth.” He said, dropping his right hand from my face, and rubbing my arm. “I don’t fucking care, you still cheated on me. You cheated on me!” I screamed at him. I flicked his hand off my arm and shoved his hand away from my face. “You know how much I love you, Justin? You know how bad this hurts?” I cried, sitting on the edge of the bed. “You ruined everything just to get what you wanted for one night. I hope she was worth it.” 

Justin sat on the bed next to me, and took his hands in mine again. “I’m sorry. I’ll do anything to make it up to you. I’m so sorry.” I looked up at him, his eyes were tearing at the corner. I shook my head. “There’s nothing you can do. You’ve already done enough.” He wiped the tears from my face and turned it toward him. “I’m. Sorry.” He said sternly. “I. Get. It.” I replied. I stood up, and rummaged  everything into my purse. “We’re done, you know?” I said, feeling a fresh lot of tears about to emerge. That’s when it hit him. He stood up. “No. No we’re not.” He fought, grabbing my purse and throwing it on the bed. “Don’t leave. Please.” He pleaded. I shook my head. “I’m not staying with someone, who was unfaithful to me. After all I’ve been through with you.” I wiped my eye with my sleeve again. This time, he grabbed me by the waist, and hugged me tight to his chest. I felt his tears drop on my back. “Please don’t go.” He said. I bit my lip, but the tears forced themselves out. “Don’t make this any harder, please Justin.” My voice quivered. He held onto me tighter. “I love you.” He said, kissing my neck. “No, stop it. Please.” I said, fighting to pull myself away from him. He let go, and I grabbed my purse. “I’ll be back tomorrow to pick up my stuff.” I said, turning the doorknob. His hands grabbed my hips again, and turned me around. “Where will you stay? You can stay here. I’ll go.” He offered. I shook my head once. “No. I’m going to my mom’s. There’s no way, I’m ever sleeping in that bed again.” He nodded. “I understand.” 

Saying goodbye to Justin, was the hardest thing I’d ever had to do. And watching him watch me walk off, was even worse. As I got down the street, I felt everything which I had been holding in from the minute of ‘goodbye’ come out. I was crying uncontrollably, my hands shook as I steered the wheel. How could he do this to me?! Was the only thing going through my mind. I wasn’t paying attention to the road, I was asking myself that same question over and over. Maybe I should just call him… Ask him to come to mom’s. And we can work things out. I thought to myself. I looked for my phone in my compartment box, and then everything went black.