Sonicspeed Origin Story

My name is Joshua Brussels. People used to call me a hero.

I led the Power Rangers Sonic Force and Freedom Fighter Alliance for almost three years. I fought against several enemies and fought many great battles for the safety of the world and it's dimensions. The destruction of Unicron the Destroyer was the day when crime fell greatly. Criminals started to go into hiding. We were able to hunt them down, and after Unicron's destruction, I worked with Jack Morrison for a little while as Batboy. Those were the good days. They didn't last.

My best Overwatch friend Tracer invited me to see the omnic Prime Minister Mondatta finally allow omnics and humans to live in harmony and peace at King's Row in Great Britain on American Independence Day four years after the events of the Clone Quartet. I listened to the speech as best as I could, but I couldn't stop myself from relying on my instincts telling me that something terrible was going to happen. And it did, to me and Mondatta. I tried to face the French sniper Widowmaker with Tracer's help, but it didn't work. As Tracer threw a Pulse Bomb towards Widowmaker's direction, I jumped and started charging for Mondatta to protect him. Unfortunately, this was easier said than done. And as a result, Mondatta was killed, and my wrist was completely destroyed by the exact same bullet that she had fired in the prime minister's direction.

People thought I'd died. Part of me did. Iblis' seal was broken due to the rebirth of Mephiles the Dark, now known as Electrode. Angela Ziegler (aka Mercy) found in me black widow venom that had spread across from my demolished wrist and found its way to my hand and fingers about two minutes after I had been put into a four-month coma, obviously from the same bullet that Widowmaker had fired to kill Mondatta. By the time the Overwatch doctor had found me, total paralysis had hit my entire hand and started creeping up my arm. She took me in immediately and put on an exoskeleton brace to cover my entire arm so that it could function like a regular person's arm would, and the venom had stopped spreading up to the elbow as a sole result. When I heard that my parents' bodies were mutilated and butchered two weeks before I had awoken from my coma, I vowed that I would come to Harrisburg on the same day that they had died and honor the God who gave them life with incense offerings to Him, the same way that Hanzo would do for his brother Genji.

With a new suit that Lucius Fox and Tony Stark had worked on together, I was myself as a fighter again. Even better, I began working more frequently with Tracer and Winston and currently maintain being their partner, having us always guarding each other's backs and standing up for what is right.

As Jack Morrison once said, "I didn't start this war, but I'm DAMN well going to finish it." And that's just what I'm going to do. Call me a vigilante if you want. But the truth is, I'm just the new guy wanting to fight for justice, freedom, security, and peace in an attempt to bring back Overwatch.

The world needs us now. More than ever! Are you with us?