pass it on

God has his plan for us

One night two men were talking on the phone discussing the ministry that they had been attending. Towards the end of the conversation one man said to the other "In the morning when you wake up just remember even if the snow is coming down with no end in sight it will still be a beautiful day to praise and worship the Lord"

The next morning the snow was coming down so hard that the man could barely see out his door yet he got ready to go to church. A phone call came in letting him know that his church cancelled services for the day. "How can this be?" He asked the Lord "Today was supposed to be a day to worship you and praise your love. Now I can't even attend the church that you have called me to."

"Trust in me" a voice called out to him. "Go where I say and you will understand"

The man walked out of his house and proceeded to walk in the heavily falling snow. Block after block he walked until he came across another church who's services were in session. He walked into the church and was instantly greeted with kindness and welcoming smiles much like his own church. The service went on and he sat in the back wondering why he had been brought to this particular church.

After a powerful service that left the man feeling full of joyful spirit he joined the congregation in fellowship. There he met a man dressed in heavy clothing. "Speak to him" the voice told him.

When he approached the man and asked how he was doing the man told him. "Terrible actually. You see I was once a minister who traveled the world on mission and now I am here homeless and holding on to the little amount of faith I have left. I have no money to my name and have come to see if I can get some food."

A strong feeling of compassion came over the man as a light began to bathe him in its warmth. Feeling compelled to do so he reached for his wallet and pulled out the money he had and handed it to the homeless man. When he started to close his wallet he saw something glisten from one of the folds. He reached in and pulled out a card with the number of a homeless shelter that he had forgotten about. Understanding now why he was there he handed the homeless man the card "God has it all worked out. This shelter helped me get on my feet when I was homeless and losing hope just last year. Give them a call they can do the same for you."

A few months later as he was walking down the street he stopped in at a restaurant for lunch. At the end of his meal he reached for the bill and a hand covered his. "Lunch is on me." A voice said. He looked up to see the homeless man smiling down at him. "It is the least I can do to say Thank You."

We may not understand why things happen but God has his plan for each and every one of us. Pass it on.