Chapter 1

Hey guys! This is my first werewolf book.
This story is rated mature strong language included.
All rights reserved
Word count: 1616

//Chapter 1 Loner\\
//Lexi\\
"YOU'RE LATE."
Malloy huffed as he slid into the booth across from me. "Don't get your panties in a knot. I got other business to tend to besides yours, you know."

I scowled and tapped my watch, and he threw up his hands. "I'm sorry, alright? Jesus, you're an impatient one."
"You're not the only one with places to be."

He harrumphed as if he could not imagine what someone my age had to do that was so important – if he only knew. I schooled my expression to hide the anxiety gnawing at me.

"Alright then. Where is it?" he asked.
I patted my chest where the small lump lay inside my coat and lowered my voice so no one outside our booth could hear it above Lynyrd Skynyrd blaring from the jukebox. "Half an ounce, as promised."

Malloy's brown eyes widened, and he leaned forward to rest his forearms on the table. Shorter than me by a few inches with a small pinched face and dull brown hair, he reminded me of a little brown field mouse. Not that I was fool enough to be taken in by his harmless appearance. You didn't survive in this business by being nice.

"Well,let's have it then."His eyes swept the dimly lit bar before settling back on me. I could have told him not to worry; the partons at Jed's were good at minding their own business, which was why I'd suggested the biker bar in the first place. That, the fact Jed kept a wooden bat and a. 44 behind the bar in case of trouble. No one was stupid enough to start something at Jed's.

I reached inside my coat and pulled out a rolled up paper ,bag. Malloy grabbed for it, but I pulled it out of his reach and put his reach and put on my business face. "Payment first."

"Ah. Yes" he made a sour face as he put a hand inside of his jacket. His hand stilled. "This wasn't easy to come by, you know. Maybe-"
"We had a deal Malloy"

Damn it, I should have known he would try to pull this again,and on the one day I didn't have time for games. My cell phone was lying face down on the table, I picked it up.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you think?" I didn't look at him as I scrolled through my short contact list. "Half an ounce is worth ten of what you're paying for it, and you know it. But if you don't want to do business, I'll have to go through someone else." I bit my lip.

I really didn't want to go elsewhere, and I was running out of time. If I had to wait even one more day to get what I came for, it wouldn't matter anymore. A day? Hell, hours more like it.

"Excuse me. I need to make a cell." I moved toward the edge of my seat, hoping he didn't see my bluff.

"Wait." He sighed and pulled out a small square package wrapped in dirty gray cloth. Laying the package on the table, he covered it with his hand and slid it toward me. I did the same with the paper bag, and we made an exchange at half way point. I stifled a sigh of relief when my fingers closed around the package.

I lifted the cloth-wrapped package to my ear and shook it before confirming its contents. Satisfied, I tucked it into an inside pocket and picked up my soda, taking a long sip to hid my eagerness.

It was never wise to appear desperate or hurried to people like Malloy; you might as well paint a big red target on your back.