UnWanted Rejection

"Mama please, I wanna stay with you, here in heaven....don't you love me any more?" My throat constricted as more tears flowed through my eyes. I held on to her dress for dear life as she pried my tiny hands off. Her face held so much sadness as she knelt down, capturing my face in her hands.

"Oh picolla. I will always love you, never forget that but you must go. Only the dead can walk with the angels little one." Her Old World accent was thick. I could see her chocolate brown eyes sparkle with unshed tears.

"Come with me mama, let's go to earth together. We can fly together mama, all around the world, just you, me and daddy." I shouted with a smile only for it to be wiped off my face as she shook her head. My world was coming to an end.

In one last attempt to keep me in heaven, my mama turned to the Arch Angels. "Please Osiris, I implore you to let her stay. She shows no signs of evil in her, not one speck of darkness in her heart otherwise her wings wouldn't be as white as they are." She shouted as the dam in her eyes finally burst, letting the tears fall freely down her face.

Osiris ran his hand through his hair. With a defeated sigh, he replied.  Oi Saraphina, ye know that I canno' change the rules, its not the fact that she is part demon but the fact that she is still alive. This hurts me too lass, for eight year I have watched the wee one grow. What your askin of me just canno' be done. I'm sorry Adrianna." He looked down at me with a pleading look.

I ran to him holding his kilt as I sobbed. He was my best friend. From the day he delivered me from my mother's womb to now. This was it. I was losing everything and there wasn't a thing I could do to prolong my presence any more.

"Oi, lass, I'll watch ye from the window and if yee need anything just flick that halo and I'll be down there faster than Matthews bloody howler."

A howler was an animal spirit that died before it was born....so my howler was a wolf named Kida but he was nothing compared to Mathews tiger.

" Are you ready darling? " My mother was trying so hard not to tear up that I can feel my throat closing up again. Her hands cupped my face as she brought our foreheads together.

"Be good my precious. I am always here." Kissing me one last time, she gently pushed my chest. Kida's body collided with mine as we began to free fall. Osiris's tears finally fell as the gates to heaven closed.

"Don't worry Kida, we will be alright." I whispered to reassure myself than to the pup.