The Hunger Games

The final day. The final match. A crazy fight to the death. I ran through the forest thinking,hopeing I would survive. My ally was gone and it was just me " let's do this" I almost smash into another tribute and whip out a knife. She looks at the knife and runs faster then I can go. I sigh then feel someone no something watching me. I turn and almost scream. A mutt not just anyone a mutated lizard. My worst fear. Memories haunt me my dad begging screaming. I snap out of it and throw the knife hitting the mutt in the eye. I turn and careen through the trees. Branches hit my face and in my haze I vaguely remember a trail up the moutian I saw. I change course and head that way praying the mutt couldn't climb well. I see a body running near me and hear a cannon. A fallen tribute. One down. One step closer to winning. I hear the mutt crashing through the trees behind me and take out a knife. Hopeing this was right choice I flung it sideways narrowly missing the figure running alongside me. It's enough to get the monster of my tracks though and the running changes direction. I run faster then skid to a stop. A cliff!! This wasn't there yesterday. A landslide. I clench my teeth then look at the water glittering below. It's jump and possibly die or stay and get ripped to shreds. I steel myself then fling my body into empty air. As I drop no sound escapes me and I curl up. I hit the water with enough force to knock the wind out of me and sink to the bottom. My moms face flashes before my eyes and I push towards the top. As I break the surface I gasp for breath. I'm alive!! I see the mutt pacing the edge of the cliff and swim towards shore there may be more out there but I beat one. I take the bow off my back and notch an arrow. Breathing slowly and carefully I start to walk away from where I came. Dark is coming fast and I pray that the mutts don't have good eyesite. I know that they will and start to run. My feet pound on the mixture of dirt and roots as I keep a steady pace. I hear a shrill scream and stop then the cannon sounds. Two down. I can do this. I start running again going back to the only safe place I know of. The cornucopia. I hope it's this way and continue running picking up speed. A growl sounds behind me and I turn quickly and shoot. A tortured wail tells me I hit but it sounds more angry then hurt. I keep running my hands flying back for a arrow. I careen through the trees at a high speed and see the other two tributes battling it out ontop of the cornucopia. I know I'll have to face them. I turn back only to have poison spit on my good arm. I scream in pain but don't stop. I turn again changing my direction to fueled on horror to feel tired and head for the moutians. My arm aches and my head pounds as the lizard stops the chase. I know it's going to recruit but I need a break. I stop and take a sip of water. The burn has faded to a dull throb but I don't touch it. I'll either die or be treated. I sit and eat and drink a little till I feel a bit better then stand up. The sun is fully set and I know that the worse is yet to come. I start back to the cornucopia my head spinning with ways to survive. I know in my gut I won't but what good is a little planning?

---------------------------------------------

So first part up!! Leave requests below. I'll do the ones I want ( no offense to the ones I don't do!)