Chapter One

"Can this day get any worse, M?" I asked, as I walked through the empty street to my 'hangout' place;

The bar.

"Yes, I believe it can..." Maya's voice said as she practically whispered through the phone. "I mean- no! Of course not! Listen, I've got to leave now or I'll never get to the bar in time. Later Soph!" And with that, my best friend was gone.

As I strolled down the practically deserted street I felt myself walk straight into a hard object. And of course, my hair decided to go wild in my face so I couldn't see what had caused me to fall.

"Are you alright there?"

At the voice I stopped in my tracks and slowly pulled my hair from my eyes. Now, I'm rather strong for my age and height, but I found myself weak under his gaze. I looked up to the most gorgeous face I'd ever seen... and it looked intently back at me, with concerned eyes. And only then did I realise that he was talking to me.

"Are you alright?"

I stammered back into a wall and noticed that those eyes were perfect. And I realised I was being addressed again and quickly scrambled to my feet.

"Y-yes... s-sorry. I'm alright..."

I scrabbled back and decided to walk on with my head down and avoid confrontation and ignore that whole situation.

"Wait." I heard as I turned around.
"I didn't get your name."