Full Of Regrets

It was really late at night. You drove your car back from work to your apartment, which you shared with Mark, your boyfriend. Finally, you arrived in front of your apartment building. Mark and you had a big fight that morning. You didn't know how to act around him because the fight you had with him got really heated. When you walked into your apartment, you saw a pair of shoes that didn't belong to you. You heard sounds coming from your room, that you shared with Mark. The lights in the living room was off, so you couldn't see your steps. You slowly and quietly walked towards your room. The door was cracked so you could see what was happening. There Mark was hovering above a lady, he was leaving kissing down her neck. You saw the scene and your eyes started pouring, leaving tears on your cheeks. Accidentally, it was so dark you couldn't see where you were going, you hit your leg into the corner of the sofa.

Mark suddenly heard sounds coming outside the room. Your legs hurted so much that you sat on the floor, next to the sofa and cried in silence. He didn't know what was going on outside, but decided to ignore it. Seconds later, he looked at the clock and it late evening. You were still sitting outside sobbing. Mark finally finished and walked outside with that women. He saw you sitting there, your eyes all red and puffy. You stood up and walked towards him. Mark looked at you with shame in his eyes. You slapped him, and ran out the door. Mark was standing there with his face looking at the floor. His eyes were getting watery and clenched his hands into a fist.

You ran out of the apartment building with tears leaving your eyes. Mark ran out the apartment to find you, but you were nowhere in sight. He looked nearly everywhere for you, but still he couldn't find you. After, you ran out of the apartment you took a cab to your favorite place, the cafe where you and Mark met. You were crossing the road but the tears in your eyes made you vision blurry. Then, a drunk driver was driving his car. The driver didn't see you, he continued driving his car and you were still walking across the street. You turned to your right only to see a car roaming towards you. The driver stopped his car after seeing blood splatter all over the front window.

Mark was still searching for you. He then remembered a place that both of you would go. He hurried into his car and drove to the cafe. Before he could see your face again, there was an accident ahead of him. He couldn't get pass traffic, so he decided to walk to the cafe. Mark pulled over to a parking lot and parked his car. He quickly ran to the cafe, but there was police blocking the cafe and not letting anyone in. The police blocked every road because of the accident that just happened in front of the cafe. Suddenly, Mark felt his pocket vibrate, it was a call from you. He quickly picked up the phone.

"Y/N, Y/N-!" He yelled through the phone

But he was cutted off by a man's voice over the phone.

"Is this Y/N's boyfriend?" The police asked and there was a froze on the other side of the phone.

"Yes, and who is this?" Mark nervously asked through the phone.

"This is Officer Kim, and I am calling to warn you an accident happened." Officer Kim said through the phone.

Mark was standing looking at the accident near the cafe. There was an Officer standing there on the phone. He then realized that the officer was Officer Kim. Mark slowly began walking to the area of the accident, his tears pouring down his face. When he finally got there, he saw your face with scratches and blood everywhere. Officer Kim walked to him.

"Sir, you must be Mark." Officer Kim said showing him your phone that had the selca of both of you.

"Yes." He said with a low voice and tears flowing down from his eyes. He took the phone from the officer. The officer showed him to the ambulance where you were lying on the bed. The ambulance finally arrived at the hospital. The nurses took you to the operating room. Mark sat and waited for the doctor. The nurses ran in and out of the operating room. Two more doctors had to go into the room. Mark was starting to worry. Then the operating lights turned off and the three doctors walked out.

"Doctor, how is she?" Mark asked with dried tears all over his face.

"We tried our best to save her." one of the doctor said looking at Mark's reaction. Mark couldn't hold it in anymore, he dropped onto the floor and his tears flowed down his face like a river. He kept asking himself why. The doctor let Mark into the operating room, he sees you lying on the bed with your eyes closed. He slowly walked toward the bed, seeing your face made him happy again. But when he looked at you, your face was filled with sadness. His quickly remembered what happened earlier between both of you. He was cheating on you and sleeping with another woman, on the bed you that bed you both shared. You had caught him red handed. He could imagine that face of yours when he walked out the your bedroom with that woman. Mark couldn't help seeing you like this. He walked out of the room and started to drive home.

                                                                                              ~~~

It has been exactly two weeks after your death. Mark didn't leave the apartment, he didn't go anywhere. But, he remembered that today was your second anniversary together. He wanted to go to the cafe where both of you met. The sun was shining and he walked out of the building. He entered his car and started driving to the cafe. There was no traffic, driving to the cafe. He arrived there and parked his car near the place where your accident happened. Mark walked out of his car and started walking to the cafe. He entered the cafe and ordered your favorite Americano. The place was empty because it was very early. He sat down at the usual place, the table next to the window. There he could imagine you sitting across from him, laughing and giggling. Then, he looked out the window, the picture of you lying on the cold street appeared. His eyes starting to water again. He felt regret taking over his brain. Thinking of why he planned to cheat on you. Tears started streaming down his face.