The Final Petal

She did warn me not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. I was ignorant and the price I had to pay was a curse.

Staring deep into the twilight, his fate was sealed as it became only a matter of time before the final petals fell.

Lost in my own dark despair.

The breeze accompanied him for a short period of time.

I started losing faith.

Being shadowed by the entire world wasn't isolation. It was simply death.

But ever since you appeared.

Continuing to stare towards the nothingness in front of him, his void of thoughts subconsciously sent his mind adrift to somewhere else.

You gave me a strange feeling.

The nothingness that laid before him slowly changed into something.

I never felt this way about anyone.

Facial features protruded out from the nothingness, long strands of hair flowed out and a cloak whirled around the figure; almost wrapping it.

That's why I wasn't afraid.

"I loved you..." extending his arm out towards the nothingness that resembled the love of his life.

To let you go.

Upon contact with the figure, it disappeared completely.

Retracting his hand back and placing it right next to his heart, those emotions he once felt... slowly froze once again.

"If you loved me, why let me go?"

"I thought I told you to go away..." he growled at her, wanting her to disappear into nothingness.

The thought of facing her again was too great... even for the Beast.

"Well..." she sang out, her footsteps echoed as she approached him.

"I believe it's time..." gently tracing his back, she broke into a soft smile.

"Time for truth."

She could feel him tense up under her finger tips, his response was nothing more than a deep sigh.

"See that rose?" His arm extends towards the imprisoned rose trapped under a glass case, "Its how long I have... before I can't ever turn back."

"I know."

Without delay, she stood in front of the glowing rose with him at hand.

"Belle..." he sighed, defeated from her persistence.

"It's beautiful..." Belle gazed at the rose with upmost awe.

"Belle, that's not the point..." her carefree attitude frustrated him.

Her gaze switched onto him, "Alright then... let me ask you something."