Chapter 1

"Candra!" The girl's mother called. "Sweetie come here for a moment!"

Candra listened to the sound of her mother's voice from her room. She leaped from her bed where she was cuddling a little dog plush who she had named WoofWoof. She bolted down the stairs to greet her mother in a huge hug, WoofWoof still in her arms.

"Hey there lil girl!" Candra's father walked in through the front door. He helped his wife with her coat and leaned down to embrace his daughter.

"What about WoofWoof?" Candra looked up at him, expectantly.

"Of course, hello WoofWoof." Her father chuckled, patting the stuffed dog on the head. "Look kiddo I have some news for you." He continued, standing to put his arm around his wife. "Tonight we're having guests come over"

"Why?" Candra asked him.

"They're new in the neighborhood." Candra's mother responded. "And, there's a little boy your age who's coming with them. His mother, Diane, happens to be my best friend from school."

"But mama, I don't want to meet the boy. Do I have to play with him?" Candra's father laughed again. Clearly his daughter had gotten his unwillingness to socialize. Annie, his wife, glared at him jokingly.

"She gets this from you, you know." Rock looked away from his wife and smiled down at his daughter.

"I know."

"I guess we should just be glad she didn't get your lack of creativity."

Candra was an insightful little girl. She came up to her mother's waist in height. She had shoulder length brown hair, currently tied away in a side ponytail. The ocean was reflected in her eyes, as well as the tulips her mother loved so much. Her family lived an a quaint little city, away from all the racket of the downtown area. It was safe and sound and beautiful. Annie had a garden out back. She never tended to it as the weather the family lived in was perfect for growing those blue tulips of hers. Candra never spoke at school, except to her one friend, Betta. Betta was the only one who knew of Candra's insightfulness. Of course, them being only four years old, her philosophy factor was still quite weak, but her sketches told another story.
Candra sketched constantly. She owned about 3 sketchbooks, all of which she had filled in 6 months time. Not only did she just draw, she was actually quite talented for someone her age. She observed everything; every person, every plant, every book. Now, it was time for her to find out about this new boy.