Chapter 1

"Jaida? Why do you keep falling asleep during class?" I sat up and stared at the teacher for a second. I wasn't sure if it was a look of concern or a glare. "I'm sorry, I just can't sleep at night for some reason." She nods hesitantly and dismisses me. I grab my things from under my desk and walk out. I only have 6th period left. I went to my locker to put everything in my bag and locked it," Are you going to tell me the reason why you're still here? Class ended a 10 minutes ago." "I'm sorry, Mr.Lewin. Ms.Graham held me back to help her with things." He folded his arms. "Alright then," he said with an odd tone. I speed walk out of the 600 hall and into the main hall. I only have a few minutes until class starts.
I passed my Band teacher who was waiting outside of his door. "10 seconds," he warned as I passed him. I nod and drop my things behind the rows of chairs. I set up my snare drum and wait to begin.
"Good morning, class!" Mr.Felix clapped his hands to gather as he spoke. "Good morning, Mr.Felix." Half the class replied.

• • •
"You may now pack up." We did as we were told. I threw my bag over my shoulder and my roller case that held my percussion set. "All Car Riders are dismissed. I repeat, all car riders are dismissed." I smiled alittle and walked outside and crossed the street to my Dad's car. "How was your day?" He asked. "Fine," I answered after putting my bag into the trunk. He lifted my set into the trunk also even though I could do it myself. We get into the car and go home.
                            • • •
   As swoon as we got him I ran up stairs and into my room, grabbing a book. My brother walked into the room."Jaida, why are you always reading? It's annoying! Reading makes you boring," My brother said to me. I ignored him. "What's so good about a book, anyway? It's just a bunch of words. That's boring." 'Maybe because books don't talk.' I thought. He took the book away from me and threw it across the room. "What the hell!"I yelled. He just walked out of the room and I huffed and hopped off of my bed. 'Stupid brother...' He had thrown my book behind one of our boxes. I moved them and found a full body mirror. 'The hell...?" I shrugged it off and picked up my book, I tried to push myself back up using the mirror, but my hand went right through it. "WHAT THE-"