The Stranger and I - A one-act play

Setting: Jewel is in the park and waiting for someone.

JEWEL: Ugh! Where is that nerd? It's already late and these mosquitoes are kept on biting me! (Slaps her cheeks and scratch it.) She's pissing me off! My mother will surely scold me! Ugh! I'm really pissed! I need that assignment now (pick the rock on his feet and throw it.)

(Jewel's friend saw her and walks towards her.)

AC: Hey! What are you doing here? Are you with someone?

JEWEL: Oh please AC, don't be so stupid, Do you see me with someone else? (Rolled her eyes and scratch her legs.)

LILY: Why so peevish? hahah you should go home now, let's go.

POLA: Yeah Lily is right, come on now. (Pulling the hands of Jewel)

JEWEL: (pull her hands back.) ehhhh I don't want! Go now! (Push her friends) I'm okay here.

AC: Are you sure?

POLA: You might have a dengue, look at this (slap the face of Jewel.)

JEWEL: Ouch! Are you doing it intentionally?! (Frowns more.)

POLA: Ay hahaha sorry bessy, there's a lot of mosquito here. (Peace sign.)

LILY: Hey let's gooooo. (Scratch her legs and face.)

JEWEL: Go nowww! Make it faster!!

AC: Yea yea whatever! bye bessy! (Kiss jewel's cheek.)

POLA: (kiss jewel's cheek)

LILY: (kiss jewel's cheek)

Jewel left there alone, it is almost 7 but the person that she waits is not there yet, she transfer on the swing where the lamppost is near.

(PHONE RINGS)

JEWEL: (gets her phone on her pocket.) Hello Mom?

MAMA: Where are you now young lady? It's already late! You should go home now! And the gluta that I told you to buy? Did you buy it?

JEWEL: C'mon mom, Can you please ask it one by one? You're like Liza Soberano.

MAMA: Why? Is your mom got the white that she wants? Did I get her white skin already?

JEWEL: Of course not, because you ask a lot of questions like your saying "Am I not enough? Kapalit palit ba ko? Then Why?!" (rolled her eyes)

MAMA: Hmmp! Go home now! Make it faster! I want to take gluta already.

JEWEL: yea yea yea, I'm going home now and oh one more thing, don't assume that you'll get white like her, you should be contented on your skin mah Nigga!

MAMA: Hey!—(toot)

(end of call)

JEWEL: AHHHH!!! Where are you now? Huhuhu. (stomps her feet like a kid.)

(The boy walks towards her.)

JEWEL: (Frowns.)

STRANGER: (Sits on the other swing) are you waiting for someone?