The Daughter's Repentance

Erish POV
I have a father and I hate him. He's very clumsy to the point that he broke all of our glassware. Most of the time, I  laugh at him because he accidentally bumps himself on the wall, table or things under his waist. I didn't help him whenever he stumble; instead, I neglect him and walk away. I hate living with him that's why I always stocked myself in my room.

One time, I yelled him when I asked for our breakfast and I lost my appetite when I saw it.

"Noodles again?! Can't you cook something new?!" still he didn't speak.

Because of my anger, I bought all my things and went to the door. Before I closed it, I heard him saying

"I-im s-sorry" while bowing his head but I ignored it and slammed the door.

********

While I entered the gate of our school I heard my bestfriend's voice from a far. I smile in front of them. Here, I felt I'm in a real house because of the people around me unlike in our house-- nevermind. I don't wanna talk about him just for this time.

"Erish where is your phone?" Angela asked.

My phone was in the pawnshop last week until now but I couldn't tell them about it because all they know is  that I'm a rich kid. I stop for awhile to think of an allibi. When I said--

" I-i left my phone at my room because my dad's gonna buy me a new one" I gave them my sweetest smile so they won't doubting me.

They're just nodded then we saw Jen running towards us and telling about the upcoming JS prom. I got excited when I remember, how can I join them if even a gown I can't buy? Also, my allowance is depleted.

Naaahhh. I will find a way no matter what.

I went home early, then I saw my father picking up those broken glass. Again.

"What are you doing?! Do you want to smash all of this huh?! Why so careless?!" I yelled at him. I'm tired with this kind of scenario everyday.

"I-im sorry" his favorite line. Again and again.

Tss.

During our dinner, we're eating silently. Well, this is normal for the two of us, just eat if you want to eat, we're not like other family who loves talking while eating.

"I need a gown and I want this" I show the picture and put it in front of him. I just saw it earlier in the internet and I liked it.
It's just a simple gown yet very elegant. I think he has the money and that's the only thing I asked for.

I let him find the picture that I put in the table.

" W-when do you n-need this?" asking about the picture.

" I thought you can only speak the words 'I'm sorry'" I laughed not because I'm happy, I laughed because this is the second time we talked. The first time I talked to him, when everything was fine and we're still complete.

*****

The day after, I was so excited to go home. I kept on smiling and can't wait to see my gown. I quickly open the door.

"Where's my gown?" Without looking at him. I am searching our living room to find the box. I look at him when I saw his arms marks of bruises but I don't mind it at all.

" O-on the ta-able" He's shaking and feel uneasy.

My smile fades away as I open the box.

"Noooooooo!!!!!!!" I scream and throw the gown.

" I don't like that! That's only my favor  I ask to you but why can't you do it for me huh?" I asked him.  I know it is a shallow reason to cry on but that's the only thing I asked for him but why can't he buy it.