one

"jisoo-yah, wait for me!" her bestfriend, da eun called out as she slung her backpack on her right arm and ran to jisoo.

"yah lets go to the arcade?" da eun suggested but got rejected when jisoo shook her head, "i'm sorry i'm not in the mood. how about the cafe?"

"hm ok! the min's?" jisoo nodded and they walked to the nearest bus stop.

soon they arrived at the min's cafe and took a seat on the corner of the cafe.

"yah c'mon cheer up. why are you so down today?" da eun asked as soon as she took a seat after getting their coffees.

"it's my dad's death anniversary today." jisoo said.

"ah is it? i'm sorry. i really suck at cheering people up." da eun pouted.

jisoo chuckled and took a sip of her coffee before choking on her drink, "ugh this is so bitter!"

she stood up and went to the counter to ask for some salt, "hi excuse me can you put some salt on my drink? it's too bitter."

the guy on the counter looked up and made eye contact with jisoo.

"ah really? sure." he said as he politely and carefully took the drink from jisoo.

"oh, no no no! that's too much.. daehwi-ssi" jisoo frowned.

"ah i am so so sorry i didn't know.. but how did you know my name?" daehwi asked, slightly tilting his head.

"oh um your nametag over there."

"ah i see. do you want a new cup of drink?" daehwi kindly offered.

"is it free?"

"yeah, it's on me." daehwi smiled.

"yes please. thanks! i'll sit first while waiting for you, daehwi-ssi." jisoo said and turned to leave before daehwi called her.

"drop the formalities! what's your name by the way?" he asked.

"it's park jisoo."

"woahh, were you flirting with him?" da eun asked with a smug face.

"shut upp i wasnt okayy."

"i mean it's okay if you were actually flirting with him because i gotta admit he's cute." da eun said while eyeing daehwi while he made another cup for jisoo.

"then you can go have him. i'm not interested." jisoo said.

"i was just kidding. we're just 16 and we need to focus on our studies first." da eun replied, still staring at daehwi.

"yeah, right." jisoo said sarcastically as she noticed da eun staring at daehwi.

"uh- jisoo? your drink is ready!" daehwi smiled at jisoo and da eun.

jisoo stood up to take her drink, "thanks!"

after a little bit of talking, da eun had to leave because she had to eat dinner with her whole family.

suddenly, jisoo's phone rang.

it read 'jimin oppa'.

"hello?"

"yah. it's already almost 7, where are you? i'm going to pick you up." jimin asked her worriedly.

"i'm at the min's cafe right now." jisoo said.

"okay. stay there alright? i'll be there in 15." then he hung up.

"oh you're still here? who are you waiting for? we're closing in a while." daehwi asked as he turned the open sign to the close sign.

"yeah.. i'm waiting for my brother actually." jisoo awkwardly chuckled.

"ahh i see.."

"you're using the bus?" jisoo asked as she tried to start a topic so it wouldn't be so quiet and awkward.

"nope i'm walking. my house is just 5 minutes away from here." daehwi said.

"wait- how old are you?" jisoo asked curiously.

"i'm 17. you?"

"aren't you too young to be working part time? i'm 16."

"yeah. i work multiple part time jobs actually. my parents don't really care about me. they only pay for my college fee." daehwi said, trying not to sound sad.

"i'm sorry to hear that."

"i guess i'm going first. are you gonna be okay alone? or do you want me to accomp-" daehwi was cut off, "it's okay. you can go first. bye, it was nice meeting you, daehwi.."

"i might say the same for you. bye." daehwi smiled and left.

"jisoo-yah. get in." suddenly jimin's car stopped in front of her, slightly startling her.

"shit you shocked me." she said as she sat on the front seat beside jimin.

"sorry." jimin said while laughing.

"oh and we're going to busan tomorrow to visit dad's graveyard. wake up early and pack your stuffs. we're leaving by 9 and we're staying for 2 days there." jimin said.

"really? whose place are we staying?" jisoo asked.

"jungkook's."

"yay, i miss jungkook oppa!!" she said which made jimin chuckle.

they reached home and jisoo immediately ran to her room to pack her stuff for tomorrow.

after packing she showered.

she laid on her bed and sighed.

it was a long day.

and little did she know, she was going to meet daehwi again.