Broken..

“I don’t think this is going to work out.” I blinked, confused as I replayed his words in my head.”

“What? I questioned. Why? I love you. Why do you have to go? Why can’t you move in with me? I thought to myself. My heart skipped a beat and dropped to my stomach, thinking of the thought of him leaving me. All that was going through my head was his words. “I don’t think this is going to work out.” Over and over again. Like a cassette stuck on repeat.

“Rosa. Rosa! ROSA!” I looked around to see who was calling my name, but no one was there.

“ROSA!” I heard again.

Then I realized it was my mom calling my name to wake up. I was late for school. I jumped up to check the time. It was 9:42; school started twelve minutes ago. I ran to brush my teeth. I search for some clothes and threw them on.

It’s been one week since we broke up. It’s been pretty hard to go through school knowing that he is gone. It’s even harder to know that he’s probably happy with some hula girl in Hawaii. I wish he never left! I loved him. Everything that has been running through my head makes the world stop. Now I’m twenty five minutes late. I grabbed an orange and ran out the door. I jumped in the car and drove off to school.

Every time I get in the car I go back and start to remember all the times we had in this car. Always laughing, kissing, and making memories. Man, do I miss him. “I need to move on.” I kept thinking to myself.

I pulled up to school. I was forty eight minutes late. I walked into the front office to sign in. The school secretary told me to go to class. As I was walking, the bell rang. I looked at my phone and realized it was second period.

I went to science and as soon as I sat down I realized: “How am I supposed to move on when Derrick sat next to me in this class?” I started to think. “Why did you have to go? Did you ever really love me?”

As I was day dreaming I heard “Rosa Blunt. Rosa, are you here? Rosa!” Mr. Clark said frustrated.

“Here! I’m here!” I said.

“Next time pay attention” He said, sternly.

I wanted to say, “PAY ATTENTION? YOU DIDN’T JUST GO THROUGH THIS HIS BREAK UP WITH THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE NOW DID YOU?” Instead I just replied with: “Sorry I’ll pay attention next time.”

Mr. Clark finished taking the attendance and I started to think again… “Why? Why? Why?” Derrick’s words popped in my head, “I don’t think this is going to work out.” Over and over and over again. Then the bell rang. I realized I had zoned out all class period thinking about that.

As I got up to walk out, Mr. Clark called me over and asked “Rosa, can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure. What about?” I questioned.

“Well I noticed that you zoned out. Is there anything you would like to talk about? I’m here for you if you need anything.” He said.

“Okay. But I’m fine thank you.” I said. I quickly walked out of class.