Prologue

Aaaaaahhhhhh.... Aaaaaaaaahhhh.....

As always, the morning was filled with soft sunlight and the inviting smell of a freshly cooked breakfast. Half of our bed was already deserted, my wife had already gotten up and was scrambling around the house to prepare for the day. I rose up and fixed our bed before heading outside our bedroom. Her radiant face peered from the kitchen.

"Good morning dear." She cheerfully chirped.

She was wearing a frilly blue apron over her usual office attire. Not minding the hot spatula she held, I hugged her from behind and kissed her forehead.

"What are we having for breakfast?" I inquired as I looked over her shoulder.

"Toast, Eggs, Oats, and Breakfast Sausages. Is there anything else you'd like, Monsieur?" She teasingly said in a French accent.

Mmmmmmhhhmmm.... Ahhhhhhhhhh.... Aaaahhhhh~

I was about to answer when I was interrupted by the sharp sound of the toaster

"Would you mind waking the children while I grab the toast?"

"Sure." then I ran upstairs. But upon recalling her previous question as I was halfway up, I shouted back "and throw in some bacon too!"

According to a research, The smell of bacon is significantly more effective than shouts when rousing young dragons. Sure enough, this was supported by my children's conduct. Its smell stimulated their otherwise sluggish motion and I found myself racing against them towards the table.

My wife has just laid down the last plate as we reached the table. We took our places and devoured every last bit of food. After the meal, my wife took her coat and case and the children followed her example. I kissed all of them goodbye before she ushered them into the car and waved as they drove away.

It was supposed to be an ordinary morning just like this one but then, the doorbell rang