Sixth Chukker

Jasmine Heart sighs as she flips through the pages of the horse magazine on her friend Faith Brently's bed. Jasmine plays with some of her mid-back length chocolate colored hair, twirling it around her finger. Her emerald green eyes felt heavy, for it was pretty late. She and Faith and their two other friends, Keira Mayles and Scarlet Zarr, were all having a sleep over at Faith's. "So, Keira, when are we going to get to meet your boyfriend's polo buddies?" Jasmine asks, bored of the magazine in her hands.

"Hmm, they have a game tomorrow, I can ask Luis if we can all go watch maybe?" Keira smiles, looking up from a book. 

"I would love to meet some hot polo boys," Scarlet giggles, hugging a pillow at the head of the bed. "Their hot bodies, sweet hearts, not to mention money."

"You are such a city girl," Keira mumbles with a smile. The four girls had all known each other from school. They all clicked instantly. Keira and Scarlet had grown up together, while Jasmine and Faith they had met in grade nine. All the girls, now in grade twelve, had become extremely close.

Jasmine Heart grew up in Argentina, born and raised polo. But the tanned white girl only watched her brother, Sebastian, play. She was good with the horses, but liked to stay on her own two feet. 

Keira was raised in Louisiana, and sure had the accent to prove it. She rode western and even owned her own horse, a quarter horse named Belleza. She had competed in barrel racing for three years, but had been injured in grade ten. 

Scarlet was also from Louisiana, but she was a city man's daughter. She was the stereotypical blonde with blue eyes. But she didn't act the part, she was shy and quiet. She was overly negative, for her mother was a little too straight foreword, not exactly the best thing for a young girls self esteem. 

Faith was the only one who had always lived in Boca Raton, Florida. Her family owned the Brently's Pub down the street from the Boca Raton Polo Club, the pub was always full of polo players from the club. Faith was a waitress and intended to take over the pub when her father retired. 

"Are Luis' team mates hot at all?" Faith blurts out randomly, breaking the silence in the room. The other three girls look at her then at Keira. Keira puts her hands up as if she was being accused of something and smiles.

"I am not answering that," Keira chuckles, "You girls can all see for yourselves."

"Well then..." Jasmine jokes, laying her head on the pillow. She closes her eyes, noticing how tired she was. "No drawing on my face, I'm going to bed," she grumbles.

"No promises," Scarlet says smiling, scanning the room for a pen or marker.

~*~*~*~*~

Luis hangs his mallets in his locker in the lounge. Matt, Scott and him had just went out and stick and balled, practicing for the upcoming tournament. “You boys going to stay for the party after the tournament?” he asks, walking out of the lounge and to the two brunette boys sitting in the lounge chairs on the patio.

“Might, haven’t been to a party in.. about two months?” Scott says, cleaning his boots. “Probably will, I haven't had any flirt time in a long time, no available girls around this barn. Only men,” Scott grumbles as he puts his one clean boot down and picking up the other one. 

“Well, I heard that Mr.Salyes’ groom is now available,” Matt chimes in, a stupid grin on his face. “You know, Pablo?”

“What?” Scott nearly spits, “I am not into men,” he says, nearly throwing his boot at Matthew Thomas. 

“Well Hayden is completely off limits,” Luis says with a large smile, “The club’s owners daughter, good luck Scotty.”

“She isn't my type,” Scott grumbles, “None of you have a chance with her either so don't you two be barking.” Scott snaps. He picks up his other boot and stands, walking to the lounges open sliding glass door. 

“I’ve got Keira, I don't need to even look at Hayden,” Luis laughs, getting up and following Scott into the lounge. He plops down on one of the red couches against the wall and sighs loudly. “Either of you guys seen Rowan?”

“He was doing his set earlier, not sure where he is now,” Matt says as he comes into the lounge also, sitting on one of the other couches. “He hasn’t been practicing, Hayden is gonna have his ass soon if he doesn't start.”

“They girl scares me sometimes,” Scott grumbles as he closes his locker and loosely puts the lock on. 

“She scares everyone a little, she is Brenys’ daughter after all,” Luis blurts out, covering his face with his dirty hands. He runs his fingers through the sandy blonde hair on his head, hair that was messy and slightly too long. He has the traditional polo boy hair cut - if there is a name for it - long hair that shows from under his helmet and is almost always a mess. His eyes are a greyish blue, ladies always fell for his eyes, although he was with Keira. 

“Breny is one intimidating man, especially on the field,” Scott huffs as he sits across from Matt. His short brunette hair messy and sweaty from practice. He scratches at the two day old face scruff on his cheeks and chin, thinking. “You think that Keira is ever going to bring her cute friends to polo?”

“Nah, I heard theyre all city girls,” Matt states, crossing his arms.

“What? From who?” Luis huffs, sitting up and half glaring at Matt.

“Sebastian, he says that Keira is good frineds with his twin sister, Jasmine,” Matt points out, “It could be true it could not be.”

“It sure as hell isn't,” Luis grumbles, defending his girlfriends best friends.