01

"Zay, hurry up before you are late, time doesn't stop for you!" Kendall shouted, pounding on the bathroom door at her 17-year-old daughter, Ziya Amarachi Carter. "Ma, I'm almost done, I swear, just like five more minutes!" A frustrated Ziya answered in return. Kendall sighed and waited for an additional 30 minutes before the teen came out sporting her everyday attire of jeans and a basic tee. She never got what took her forever to get ready.

At just the age of 23, Kendall had wound up pregnant, with her boyfriend of two years. At first, they both were scared shitless to raise a child both not having the proper examples growing up, but they had no other options, they did the act now it was time to face the consequences.

Starting by setting out to get a job, being straight out of college they had an advantage. Kendall put her Nursing degree to use and began to work in a local clinic, while John worked at being a creative assistant at a marketing firm. It wasn't much at the time, but they made it work.

"I didn't even take that long, you are so over dramatic Mama," Ziya said while gathering last-minute item to stuff in her PINK backpack. "If you say so, now can we please go so that I can make my way back into the bed?" she asked tiredly, only being up for the sole purpose of taking her daughter to school. She could've ridden the bus like a normal teenager, but her daughter was all too bougie for such an act. She couldn't blame anyone but herself for that fact.

Being that she was an only child she got whatever she wanted but within reason. No, she didn't have the latest shoes out at the moment, but she knew that if she wanted them then they were hers. How could her parents say no? Ziya was an awesome kid, always bringing home excellent grades, and adding in good behavior.

"Yes, I'm ready mommy let the chariot await me," she, said laughing as she skipped down the half-turn staircase. "You better not fall on your ass, because I'm not taking you to a damn hospital this early", she said while trailing behind her hyper daughter.

"Oh, so I've heard countless times, I'll just call my daddy", she expressed sending a grin her mother's way as she began to buckle up her seat belt.

Backing out of the driveway Kendall responded back to her daughter's foolish statement. "Girl, nobody is scared of that man, after 19 years nothing has changed.

Ziya got into her first class at 7:30 being one of the first people there so that she could pick her seat at the back of the room. A perfect place to hint that you didn't want to be bothered by anyone.

After a minute she felt someone's presence near.

Looking up from her phone, she saw someone standing by her desk, "hey why didn't you call me last night? questioned her boyfriend of three months. "I was busy with homework", she quickly answered off the top of her head.

Continuing scrolling through Instagram she mentally ended the conversation

It's not that she didn't like Edward, it was just that after a month of dating she became bored. Not bored enough to cheat, but bored in the sense that they didn't do anything. There weren't any dates, no hangouts, not even sitting together during lunch. It was like he used all of his moves to impress her, but as soon as he did they vanished. He summed up doing boyfriend duties as walking her to her first class and a Goodnight text.

"Okay, babe I was just making sure you made it to class talk to you tonight, " he said while walking out of the class to undoubtedly go meet with his friends.

Maybe she was just mean she thought because there wasn't any way that she couldn't pull boys in left from right with her god given looks.

"Let's get started class I asked you to work on your homework last night about blah blah blah.", after the first minute of her teacher talking, she toned her teacher out gather that the lesson wasn't that important that she had to listen plus she was a fast learner so the material would be light work.

"Hey, you want to work on the project today or tomorrow," said her best friend of six years, Skye Jones.

They had met while attending the same school, both sharing some of the same qualities they clicked instantly

They had met while attending the same school, both sharing some of the same qualities they clicked instantly. Joining together to fight off the mean girls and fuck boys.

"I kinda just want to get if over with so we will be ahead of the class, that will be one less thing I have to worry about," Ziya stated while unloading the plastic container on her grilled salad she picked up from the cafeteria. "Yeah, excuse me, I forgot the scholar likes to be ahead, or she feels like she will not succeed in life," Skye said playfully while eyeing Zay nitpicking at her salad.

"Now you know I just like to be on top," she said sending her friend a knowing look. "Oh... I know you like to be on top alright." Skye replied back while taking a small bite from her sandwich. "Girl shut the hell up before you get me caught up!" she said back going along with her friend's antics.

"Zay can't be fucked with, no Ho you can't touch that, ayy Bitch," Skye said, getting hype at their small little lunch table, getting a few stares in return.

"Calm your little ass bitch, before they kick us out and let me just say these four bundles can't take the wind today," Ziya said in her Simone B voice coming down from the fit of laughs.

"Okay, I'm cooling, but I'm dead serious about you need to let loose a little, make that ass clap a little; in addition, show the world mama ain't raise no bitchhh," Skye said casually like this was the most normal statement in the world.

"I'm well in my comfort zone, I know what I'm doing in this lane versus trying to conform," Ziya said, tired of hearing the same line repeatedly. "I know I give you a lot of shit for this, but look at it my way, soon we are going off to college. A year might seem like a while away, but it will be here with a snap of a finger. We should try to be as carefree as possible, staying on top of our studies, of course, but being more lenient.", she said as she looked Ziya in the eye.

If any other person would've said this she maybe would've exploded in their faces, but at the end of that day, she knew that Skye had her best interest at heart.

"Yeah, I could maybe just a little bit cool it. She said, agreeing.

"Just a tad bit bestie and all of your hard work will pay off in the end, resulting in you, Miss Ziya Amarachi Carter, being a successful black business owner.", she said while they began to gather their trash up preparing to go before the bell.

"Period to the tee pooh," Ziya said, giving her best friend a high five as they headed out of the cafeteria.

-
I'm revising the book surprise! Over the last couple of months, a few wanted me to update(😘), but every time I went to do if if reminded me of how cringe this book is so now that I'm older I feel less cringe so I'm going to try and finish the book! Tell me how you guys like it so far.