Afraid

(I watched glitchtale and decided it was fanfic-worthy! This might become an impossible fanfic after more episodes come out but I'm writing this when s2 ep3 is out so hope that helps.)

*Betty swings a long scythe at you with no mercy whatsoever, yet you block it with a shield of determination. 

*The emotion on her face doesn't change, she is still smiling.

"Don't you realize that this is all your fault?" she taunts.

*You ignore her, you are still filled with DETERMINATION.

*You swing your soul-sword at her yet she easily dodges and hits you from the side, knocking you to the ground, but you get up.

"Wouldn't this have all been better if you NEVER destroyed that reset button?"

*You continue to ignore her, shes trying to make you afraid, thats not what you want, but you can't help but get a little misty-eyed as you think of Sans.

"You know, Frisk," she smiled, knowing what you were thinking about. "He did kinda ask for it."

*She swings a long scythe at you again, you try to dodge but she hits your arm, ripping your sweater's fabric and slicing a bit of the flesh underneath.

*You tell her no, thats not true.

*She only rolls her eyes in return. "Typical" she seemed a little angry now.

*She swings her scythe again with a little more hurt as an intent, you block it with your soul-sword and then shield.

"Frisk, you would have been a great partner." But she shrugged. "If you knew exactly what you were doing."
She stops in her tracks for a second and smiles again.
"This is all just a game, you notice that right?"

*She swings her scythe at you again, with a little less effort, knowing you could dodge it, she wanted to finish telling you what she was about so say.

"This is just a game, a pointless game."

*You detect a little pain in her voice, but she keeps smiling.

"And sometimes players are doomed from the very start. To be something they don't want to be."

*She swings her scythe at you again, making it very obvious that she doesn't want to hurt you.

"But sometimes those players can't change that, and they are to afraid to quit."

*Wait, you think you know what exactly she's talking about.

"I'm one of those players, Frisk."

*She swings her scythe twice at you, with much more of an intent of harming you. You dodge the first, and block the other with your shield.

"I never wanted to be like this, Frisk, but I can't change that, its who I'm supposed to be."

*She starts to cry but is still smiling, the laughs, she laughs so hard she starts crying more and more. Tears run down her face. She swings strongly at you once more, but misses, you didn't even have to move.

*You drop your sword, you don't think you will need that for much longer.

"Whatever your trying to do, wont work Frisk."