Chapter One

Angelina sat in her desk paying close attention to the screen at the front of her Senior Statistics class. It was a difficult unit in her opinion, so she made sure that she looked at every precise detail that Mr. Wood wrote. She needed a high score to secure her A in the class. However, Angelina could hear a nudge in the back of her mind, a sound. Yes, someone was whispering her name from behind her. Well, it isn't like it's more important than this class. Just ignore it, she thought to herself. The sound soon became a touch in the back of her spine. Angelina could no longer ignore it.

She turned around with an annoyed look. "What the hell do you want now, Owen?"

Owen pulled on one of the soft brown curls that framed her face. "Aw, c'mon don't be like that. I just wanted to confirm that you knew what was going on! Cause you know I have absolutely no clue." He whispered back.

Angelina slapped his hand away, blushing. "Well, I did know until someone rudely interrupted my learning process." She threw him a pointed look.

Owen took his hand back, using it run it through his own short brown hair. He sighed. "On a serious note, could I possibly go to your house and go over this crap with you?"

Angelina turned back to look at the board, determined to learn the current lesson. Although, Owen had determination too. He used his slim fingers to hold onto one of Angelina's curls and tugged gently. Angelina ignored him. Owen kept tugging anyway.

"Stick it in, stick it in, stick it in, roll it. Stick it in, stick it in, stick it in roll it." The boy whispered annoyingly whilst tugging at the poor girl's hair.

Angelina swiveled around and angrily whispered, "Yes, Owen! I will help you! You can come over today after school at 3:00! Just let me learn this shit!"

Owen smirked at his win. "Thanks Angie. I'll be over right one time." He leaned back and laced his arms behind his head comfortably. Angelina sighed in relief, scribbling in her notebook quickly to catch up to the rest of the class. She felt a bit nervous thinking about how Owen would be coming over. Her parents would probably throw a fit. Hell, she wanted to throw a fit. It's not healthy to lie to yourself, she heard a little voice in her head say. You know you want him. She shifted nervously in her seat.

As she did, Owen could tell why. Took a long time, but he has done it. Now, time to make the move. It's been like this forever. Angelina pushing him away, even if it was just to help pick up her scattered flashcards that often fell from her binder. However, Owen knew that that blush told a different tale. She blushed when he played with her hair, when he touched her, when he said some sexual joke toward her. He knew that behind that stoney exterior lie a young woman waiting for him. Angie just didn't admit it.