Prologue

Winter nights like tonight usually have me wishing for two things: one, that my parents had chosen a better place than Minnesota to settle and start a family, and two, that my parents weren't so busy they forgot to send a car to pick me up. Don't get me wrong, Minnesota isn't all that bad, but the winters are brutal, and thanks to my mom, I'm stuck out here in the thick of it. What type of parent volunteers their daughter to tutor during winter break?

"Damn mom, always trying to please everyone but me." I mutter under my breath. I'm still a little bitter, so sue me.

As I continue my trek through the 30+ inches of snow, that could be an exaggeration, I walk past a large park that's completely void of people. I take out my camera and snap some quick pictures of the light shimmering across an area of freshly fallen snow. It's fast, and I don't take as much time as I would like, but the amature photographer in me still hopes they develop nicely.

As I put my camera back in it's case, the hairs on the back of my neck begin to stand on end. I have that creepy "I'm being watched feeling", but I'm the only person out here. I guess it could just be chills from the winter night breeze. I try to excuse the unease I feel as I continue to walk past the park.

I don't get far before I feel someone grab me from behind.I begin to panic. I can smell the alcohol on his breath and that worries me even more. I struggle to loosen the tight grip this man has on me, but it gets me a fist to the side of my face. My already racing heart begins to accelerate as reality sets in. This man wants to hurt me. I feel his free hand as it starts to unzip my jacket, as he drags me deep into a secluded garden area. At this point, I've lost myself. I know what happens next and it frightens me, so I hide inside my thoughts. I let the darkness take over.

______________________________________________________________________________

*A/N: Welcome all readers who may have made it thus far. I appreciate you reading this. I thank you for taking the time out of day. I ask that you keep one thing in mind: THIS STORY IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS. I personally love feedback and constructive criticism, just please don't be rude.

On another note, if you liked this, let me know! Leave a comment, a vote, or even send me a message. I'll hopefully be setting up an updating schedule so that I'm able to give you regular updates. Keep in mind that the army life doesn't allow for much time.

So with one final thanks, I bid you adieu.