Part One

I remember when I first arrived in Zootopia. That first day, it left an impression on the rest of my life. That busy street, the screams of mammals, and the first few shots I remember as clear as day.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jeffrey Modesitt. I was born and raised in New York City. I am 28 years old, and my occupation was a police officer for the NYPD. They used to call me "Rockhard" in the force, and when I joined the army at age 24. I had the perfect life. A nice apartment, a good job, and a girlfriend who I was going to marry. It all changed that one day, the day I tested the machine.

When I first woke up, I wondered where I was. The machine was only supposed to teleport me to the other side of the country, not to here. The tall buildings made me recognize it as a city, but it was the strangest city I'd ever seen. Instead of people walking the streets, there were anthropomorphic animals of all shapes and sizes, conducting their daily business. I decided to step out of the dark alley I was situated in. No one seamed to notice me. It was all perfect until I heard, "Stop! ZPD! Put your hands in the air!" I turned, and saw a lion and wolf, dressed in a police uniform pointing a gun at me. The wolf was slightly taller than me, but at 6,3, I'm pretty tall. The lion however, towered over me. I began to feel worried.

Crap, I thought, they noticed me. But I wasn't going down without a fight.

I unstrapped the M1A1 assault rifle from my back. I then fired in their direction, yelling "EAT SHIT MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" I hit the wolf with a bullet straight in the elbow. He screamed in pain, and the lion shot at me. It barely missed, and hit the wall beside me. That's when the animals noticed, and started screaming and running in every direction. I felt like I was in Grand Theft Auto.

Now would be a good time to flee, I thought, as the lion pulled his comrade to a safe space. I fled into the alleyway which I came from. I bolted through the first door that I saw, hoping no one saw me.

This would be a good place to hide, I thought, as I was in a warehouse. All the crates served as good hiding spots. I started approaching towards one, when I heard a voice from behind it. 

"Psst! Come here!" I heard it say. It was a man's voice, with a thick southern accent.

I approached the crate, and found an African American man in his late 30s, a Japanese woman about the same age as me, and 6 other humans of varying ages and races.

"How did you get here?" The African American asked. It was the voice I heard from earlier.

"I don't know." I explained. "I'm as confused as you are."

"Well there's one thing we could use you for," he replied,

"What's that?" I asked, full of wonder.

"We need a new undercover agent." he answered. "Your job will be to pick up supplies from time to time, and bring them to us. The last one we had was injured on the job, so we need someone to take her place." "Here, I'll give you what you need." He ushered me over to a crate about 10 feet away. He pried it open, and revealed what looked to be a costume of a male white-tailed deer, a suitcase, open with clothes, a wallet, a smartphone and a key chain with what looked like to be the key to an apartment. He picked up the costume and handed it to me, along with a t-shirt, and jeans. 

"Here, put these on." he said. "Don't worry, the mouth and ears move and the eyes blink an move. It's new age technology."

"Okay, I guess." I replied, and put my feet into the legs of the suit. It fit perfectly, surprisingly. 

As I put it on, I realized something. Somehow, my feet fit into the bottom hooves, and the top functioned like hands. This was one evolved deer, I thought.

As I grabbed the head, I asked. "Where am I anyways."

He responded with, "Oh. Your'e in Zootopia."

After I put on the head, I asked, "Zootopia, like the movie?" It was true, the mouth moved when I talked. I mean, I loved that movie to death, but I never thought that I would be there.

"Yeah." He said, calmly, as I put on the jeans. "I came here just as it came out." "Now take a look at yourself." He handed me the smartphone as I put on the shirt. I looked like an actual animal, not a human disguised as one. "Your apartment is 405, at Sunrise Towers, the building 2 blocks from here."

"Thanks", I said, grabbing the remaining in the crate. I started towards the exit. "Well, bye for now! I said, leaving the building.

I looked back, and he was waving at me. I smiled, and walked out the door. Surprisingly, there were no cops. I walked out of the alleyway. This new life is going to be great. I thought to myself, as I walked towards my apartment building.